Pouilly-Fuissé"Cuvée Françoise Poisard" - Hospices de Beaune
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age
- SoilLimestone & heavy clay
- Average yield
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential2-3 years
- Serving temperature Between 12 & 14 °C
- The Domaine acquired these vineyards in 1994, thanks to Françoise Poisard's bequest. The vines are located in Chaintré to the South of the appellation, being 35 to 90 years old. There are 3 plots: Les Plessys gives round and powerful wines, while Les Robées and Les Chevrières give wines of more perfumed fruitiness with considerable minerality.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in oak barrels with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in oak barrels
- BarrelsHospices de Beaune barrels
- Tasting NoteThe aroma reveals notes of grapefruit and fresh butter all lifted by a light oakiness.In the mouth it is delicious with a lovely mineral finish.