- RegionCôte Chalonnaise
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential2-3 years
- Serving temperature 11-13°
- Rully is the first village in the Côte Chalonnaise as you move south out of Côte-d'Or. The quality of its white wines lies in the conjunction of marl-limestone soils and a slightly higher altitude than in Côte de Beaune, ranging from 230 to 300 meters. The Chardonnay combines exquisite freshness with beautiful generosity.
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteRully white wines flatter the nose with their smells of acacia blossom and leave an aftertaste of hazelnuts on the palate.
- Food PairingAsparagus - rabbit terrine - trout with almonds - goat cheese
- Rully Blanc 2008 - Wine Spectator - 2011 - 85/100
- Rully Blanc 2021 - Burghound - June 2023 - 87-90/100
Cool and airy aromas include those of mostly white orchard fruit and a variety of citrus influences. Here too there is very good volume to the caressing but punchy middleweight flavors that deliver reasonable depth and persistence on the citrusy and dry finale. 2026+
- Rully blanc 2020 - James Suckling - September 2022 - USA - 90/100
A very good introduction to this underrated appellation in the Cotes Chalonnais, this has a lovely interplay of creaminess, discreet lemony fruit, a touch of honeycomb character and stony minerality. Slightly austere at the finish. Drink now.
- Rully blanc 2019 - 93 pts - James Suckling - July 2021
Ripe, suave and silky, but with a very good backbone of minerals and bright acidity. For this appellation, this has very good concentration. Delicate flint and chalky character on the nose, but this is just beginning to open up. Long, clean and mineral finish. Drink or hold.
- Rully Blanc 2008 - Wine Spectator - 2011 - 85/100Round and weighty, with vanilla-shaded apple and lemon flavors. This is balanced on the alcoholic side, with some heat on the finish. Drink now through 2012. 2,000 cases made.