- RegionCôte de Beaune
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 30 years
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential2-3 years
- Serving temperature 11-13°
- Located not far west of Chassagne-Montrachet, the village of Saint-Aubin produces distinguished red and white wines with very good quality for money. For a long time Saint-Aubin appellation stayed in the shadow of its illustrious neighbors. Saint-Aubin is a terroir to discover for its outstanding qualities and its attractive price.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in oak barrels with complete malolactic fermentation.
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in oak barrels, 10% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOur Saint-Aubin shows a limpid golden yellow color, this is quite a mineral wine, typical of dried fruit and supported by more subtle notes such as spices, vanilla, exotic fruits and honey. A very good structure and a soft finish.
- Food PairingShellfish - fish - charcuterie - goats cheese.
- Saint-Aubin 2009 - The Sunday Business Post - March 2013 - "Very elegant" A superb selection of grapes and a pampered upbringing which is now, in the 2009, reaching a lovely, toasted, butterscotch and hazelnut glory over a lean, nicely structured wash. Should evolve for another three or four years but a very elegant wine now. (Ireland)
- Saint-Aubin 2009 - My Wines And More - May 2013 - 85/100Pale lemon yellow. Apples, minerals, some citrus and ever so slightly floral nose. Fresh acidity, rounded, rich, little bit fat and could be fresher.
- 2002 Saint Aubin - La Revue des Vins de France - February 2006 - 3 stars :Pale robe. Expressive bouquet, small white fleshed fruits, linden hints, well balanced palate. Quite dense, very fruity with striking nervousness. Finale is well structured, faintly hardened by acidity, but it should make up for it at the table.
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Recommend this wine
Your pdf has been send with success.
In the Wine Trade? Download Louis Latour App