Saint-Véran"Les Deux Moulins"
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilJurassic chalky clay.
- Average yield50 hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 10-12°
- Situated in the very South of the Mâconnais, the Saint-Véran vineyards form a gilded belt around Pouilly-Fuissé. The two are similar in terms of relief and production techniques, even in their actual taste and fragrance. The area's Jurassic chalk soil and the vineyard's ideal exposure combine perfectly to produce top quality fruit.
Saint-Véran "Les Deux Moulins" takes its name from the two watermills that straddle La Petite Grosne river. The rain that falls on the vineyards, filters through the calcareous bedrock to help feed the river as it flows away west towards the famous monastic town of Cluny. Once harvested, the grapes are fermented in stainless steel vats in order to preserve the freshness of the fruit. A slow, cool fermentation allows the wine to maintain its rich and concentrated flavours.
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteOf a nice yellow pale colour with green tints, this Saint-Véran 2013 offers a fresh nose of white fruits. This wine is round and gourmet on the palate, with aromas of pear and fig and a nice freshness.
- Food PairingShrimp and mange-tout peas risotto - Bleu de Bresse cheese - Beaufort cheese.
- Saint-Véran "Les Deux Moulins" 2020 - Wine Review Online - March 2023 - 93/100
Latour's refined St. Veran "Les Deux Moulins," is an excellent place to start to explore this appellation. As much as I liked Latour Mâcon-Lugny, their St. Véran simply has more elegance and finesse to accompany its depth and vivacity. You and your banker will decide what to drink this summer.
- Saint-Véran "Les Deux Moulins" 2018 - Decanter - May 2020 - 91/100
Expect the same flavours of spice, honeysuckle and softly nutty tones that you'd find in a generic Mâconnais, but with more complexity. Mâcon had a large harvest in 2018, but the best wines show a lovely balance, which is apparent here. Great quality-price ratio. (Tina Gellie)
- Saint-Véran "Les Deux Moulins" 2014 - The Guernsey Press and Star - June 2016 - "Excellent"
This excellent dry white wine is a single village Macon Blanc from southern Burgundy and has delicate citrus aromas, with an elegant smooth body displaying notes of butter and minerals and balanced with a soft acidity and lengthy finish. A great partner with white fish, risottos or shellfish. By Paul Bisson (UK)
- Saint-Véran "Les Deux Moulins" 2006 - Jancis Robinson - February 2008 - 16 ptsFinely peppered citrus, dusty Chablis-like nose but broader on the palate. Firm, dry, and just savoury. Drink 2008-10.
- 2001 Saint-Véran "Les Deux Moulins" - Wine International - September 2004 - 84 points :A dry, chalky style. A bit ungenerous but focused. Drink 2004-2006
- 2000 Saint-Véran "Les Deux Moulins" - Decanter - August 2003 - 4 stars Best Value White Brugundy: Fine Chardonnay expression, slightly honeyed and fresh. Good fruit, oak and lenght, a fine, well-made wine... Highly recommended.
- 2000 Saint-Véran "Les Deux Moulins" - Oxford Times - June 2003 : This is a lovely white from a less-well known appellation. It has well defined apple, herb and minéral flavours with a dry spicy, savour edge, good weight and a nice finish.
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Your pdf has been send with success.