- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilChalk and clay
- Average yield50 hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 10-12°
- Situated in the very south of the Mâconnais, the Saint-Véran vineyards form a gilded belt around Pouilly-Fuissé. Although Saint-Véran is less famous than its neighbour Pouilly-Fuissé, the two are similar in terms of relief and production techniques, even in their actual taste and fragrance. The area's Jurassic chalk soil and the vineyard's ideal exposure combine perfectly to produce top quality fruit.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Barrelsstainless steel
- Tasting NoteThis is a wine with character, lively and fruity on the palate with a follow-through of minerally overtones. Vegetal nose of white flowers (acacia) with notes of white peach - very lively and fruity in the mouth. To drink within 2 years.
- Food PairingShrimp and mange-tout peas risotto - Bleu de Bresse cheese - Beaufort cheese
- Saint-Véran 2013 - James Suckling - June 2015 - 88/100Lots
of lemon, apple and honey character. Hints of straw too. Medium-bodied, crisp
and fun. Drink now.
- 1996 Saint-Véran - Wine Advocate - April 30th, 1998 - 86 points :The Saint-Véran reveals smoky, flinty aromas and a glycerin-filled, oilly-textured, medium-bodied, and mineral character. This appealing wine should be drunk over the next 2-3 years.