- RegionCôte de Beaune
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilIron, clay, limestone
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 11-13°
- Savigny-les-Beaune Blanc is an extremely rare wine counting for no more than 3.5% of the total production of the village. The best slopes for Savigny-les-Beaune blanc are to be found 10 minutes drive north of Beaune at the western end of the appellation going towards the tiny village of Boulliand. It is on these upper vineyard sites that the Chardonnay thrives. Some growers compare these higher vineyards and their soil content to those of the famed Corton-Charlemagne.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in oak barrels with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in oak barrels, 10% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOf a brilliant pale yellow color, our white Savigny-les-Beaune 2019 offers notes of toasted hazelnut and acacia honey. In the mouth it is a full and round wine with vanilla and brioche aromas. Lovely mineral finish.
- Food PairingShellfish - fish - charcuterie - goats cheese
- Savigny-les-Beaune blanc 2018 - Sarah Marsh - January 2020 - 15.75/20
Crystallised citrus fruits. very fruit driven with savoury sappy freshness on the finish. 2020-23. (UK)
- Savigny-les-Beaune blanc 2017 - Burgundy Report, Bill Nanson - January 2019 - "Absolutely delicious"
This is lovely - a nose of golden fruit, slightly cushioned. Mouth-filling, rather rich for a Savigny but absolutely delicious.