- RegionCôte de Nuits
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilIron-based clay.
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential5-7 years
- Serving temperature 14-15°
- The geography, climate and soil of Vosne-Romanée produce some of the finest grapes in all of Burgundy. By exercising the greatest care in the vinification process, the owners have succeeded in preserving the reputation of Vosne-Romanée wines through the centuries. The wines are extremely perfumed to the point of seductiveness and their finesse on the palate belies their latent power. These are amongst the longest lived wines from Burgundy.
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels, 1/3 new barrels, 1/3 one year old barrels and 1/3 two year old barrels
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteThis wine has a ruby-red colour and strong blackcurrant aromas. On the palate it has a good strength of notes of black fruits and a nice freshness. Well-balanced and rich with elegant tannins.
- Food PairingBeef "Mironton" - rabbit with chanterelle - venison with cranberries - mature cheeses.
- Vosne-Romanée 2020 - James Suckling - 94/100 pts
Dense nose of blackberries and violets. Concentrated and very structured for a village wine, the fruit carrying this very nicely. Still slightly firm at the moment, due to the abundance of fine tannin, but this has been made for the medium and long term. The slight meatiness at the finish makes this stand out. Drinkable now, but best from 2024.
- Vosne-Romanée 2020 - Burghound.com - 89-91/100 pts
Here too there are hints of menthol and wood surrounds the spicy aromas of poached plum, violet and exotic tea. The suave, mouth coating and delicious middle weight flavors culminate in a somber, serious and slightly warm finale. This too should be quite good if allowed at least a few years of bottle aging.
- Vosne-Romanée 2020 - Wine Spectator - USA - October 2022 - 91/100
An elegant red, with a refined structure supporting black cherry, blackberry, violet, graphite and spice flavors. Linear and balanced, with firm grip on the lingering finish. Drink now through 2032. -BS
- Vosne-Romanée 2018 - 93/100 - Wine Enthusiast, December 2020
Hints of creamy oak and heady cherry, with the slightest whiff of Kirsch, rise from the glass. The palate of this wine
is equally aromatic, almost emollient in its silky texture with a slight creaminess. It has lovely concentration and the slight heat is countered by vivid freshness. Cherry notes echo on the long finish.
- Vosne-Romanée 2018 - 93/100 - Wine Enthusiast
- Vosne-Romanée 2018 - 92 pts - Wine Spectator May 2021
Ripe and fleshy, this red evokes cherry, strawberry and floral flavors, with hints of white pepper and earth. But it's all about the fruit, enhanced by fine balance and a lingering finish that firms up nicely. Drink now through 2036. — BS
- Vosne-Romanée 2017 - Wine Spectator - May 2020 - 91/100
Pretty, offering black cherry, violet and spice flavors on a polished, open-knit texture. Balanced and enjoyable now, but there is no rush. Drink now through 2032 - Bruce Sanderson
- Vosne-Romanée 2015 - Burghound.com - April 2017 - 90/100
An attractively fresh nose is a pretty combination of various spice elements, tea and plum scents. The seductively textured, round and velvety middle weight flavors possess a caressing mouth feel while delivering fine if not truly distinguished depth and length on the balanced, mildly firm and austere finale. This should be approachable after only a few years of bottle though reward as many as ten. 2022+ Allen Meadows (USA)
- Vosne-Romanée 2014 - Neil Cammies - U.K - October 2019Aged for 10 to 12 months, 20% new, which gives some heft and texture to the smoky red fruits on the nose. In the mouth there is a smidge of savoury tones to the redcurrant fruit that has a little earthiness to it. Long and silky on the finish.
- Vosne-Romanée 2014 - Burghound.com - April 2016 - 91/100
This moderately oaked effort is the first wine to display any appreciable reduction which renders an evaluation of the nose difficult. Otherwise there is a really lovely mouth feel to the sleek, vibrant and utterly delicious medium weight flavors that possess a refined mouth feel, all wrapped in a dusty, mouth coating and moderately austere finale. This will need a few years of cellar time first but I like the development potential here. /2021+
- Vosne-Romanée 2014 - Wine Spectator - November 2016 - 90/100
A rich, expressive red, laced with cherry, currant, cinnamon and stone flavors. Powerful, packing a punch on the long, mouthwatering finish. Best from 2019 through 2033. By Bruce Sanderson (USA)
- Vosne-Romanée 2013 - Wine Spectator - May 2016 - 91/100
Rich and spicy, this white evokes peach, apple and citrus notes. Bracing acidity tips the balance slightly, while a mineral element emerges on the mouthwatering finish. Best from 2017 through 2024.
- Vosne-Romanée 2013 - James Suckling - June 2015 - 89/100A
delicate and fruity VR with strawberry spice and cedar character. Medium body,
firm tannins and fresh citrusy acidity. Drink now.
- Vosne-Romanée 2012 - Wine Enthusiast - December 2015 - 90/100This is well balanced, ripe and with a good link between the structure and the fragrant, perfumed red berries. The wine is full of fruit and acidity while having a core of dark tannins that will allow it to age. It will be best drunk after 2018. By Roger Voss (USA)
- Vosne-Romanée 2012 - Wine Spectator - Juin 2015 - 88/100Tart, showing currant and sour cherry flavors backed by a firm structure. Shows fine richness, with moderate length. Best from 2017 through 2025.
- Vosne-Romanée 2011 - Wine Spectator - June 2014 - 91/100Floral, strawberry and cherry flavors define this elegant red. The red fruit profile is accented by spice details, firming up on the focused, long finish. Best from 2016 through 2027. By Bruce Sanderson (USA)
- Vosne-Romanée 2010 - Burghound.com - April 2012 - 89/100A ripe, spicy and attractive nose is very Vosne in character and this aspect is complemented by the delicious, velvety and seductively round flavors that possess good finishing depth where a touch of wood also arises. By Allen Meadows (USA)
- Vosne-Romanée 2010 - Wine Spectator Online USA - October 2013 - 89/100An elegant, firmly structured red, with a linear frame and reserved character setting the stage for currant, cherry and spice flavors. Ends with a savory, mineral element. Best from 2016 through 2033.
- Vosne-Romanée 2009 - Burghound.com - May 2011 - 88/100A spicy and overtly ripe nose of cassis and plum merges into supple, delicious and sappy middle weight flavors that exhibit an appealing trace of minerality that adds lift to the mouth coating finish. This should drink well young or age for 5 to 7 years if desired. 2014+. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Vosne-Romanée 2009 - Jancis Robinson - January 2011 - 16/20Drink 2013-2017: Mid cherry red. Light nose, a pretty light rendition of village Vosne really but there is some Vosne energy about it. (UK)
- Vosne-Romanée 2008 - Wine Spectator - January 2011 - 88/100Raspberry and cherry flavors grace this elegant red, whose smooth texture is offset by the bright acidity. Moderate finish. Drink now through 2015. By Bruce Sanderson, USA.
- Vosne-Romanée 2007 - Wine Spectator Online - 2010 - 89/100Round and supple, with cherry and spice flavors backed by firm, well-integrated tannins. This has good length, with a lovely fruit expression. Best from 2011 through 2020. 350 cases made. By Bruce Sanderson, USA.
- Vosne-Romanée 2007 - Burghound.com - April 2009 - 87/100A subtle spiciness adds interest and nuance to the lovely, airy and very Vosne-like nose that gives way to rich, round and delicious if only moderately complex flavors that possess an attractive texture on the reasonably persistent finish. There is a small hole on the mid-palate though and it lacks just a bit of overall coherency to be at the next level. 2011+
- 2006 Vosne-Romanée - Bruce Sanderson, Wine Spectator - June 24th, 2008 - 87-90 points :black pepper- and cinnamon-tinged, elegant and lingering (87-90, non-blind)
- 2001 Vosne-Romannée - Irish Independent - April 27th, 2003 :Among the 2001 reds, I enjoyed the Vosne-Romanée, which is still slightly tannic but will develop well.
- 2000 Vosne-Romanée - Burghound.com - April 2003 - 86 points :All of the foregoing wines presented aromatics that were decidedly red fruit in character and mostly quite exuberant though this wine was rather different in that there were mostly black fruits that were discreet and understated in style. Hints of Vosne Spic and supple, delicious, easy flavors combine with a persistent if light weight finish and a bit of firmness from the ripe tannic backbone. A good if not exceptional villages. 86/2006-9.
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Your pdf has been send with success.