Monthélie 1er Cru"Clos des Toisières"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationMonthelie Premier Cru
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilBathonian limestone and clay
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential5-6 years
- Serving temperature 15-17°
- 'Clos des Toisièrese' used to be a small quarry. 'Toisières' is derived from the word 'toit' (roof), and refers to the huge flat stones coming from this quarry sometimes used as roofs. Maison Louis Latour has the monopoly on this climat situated on the higher south-east facing slopes in the pretty little village of Monthélie, hidden away between the vineyards of Meursault and Volnay. Despite its imposing neighbours, Monthélie produces highly aromatic, robust red wines such as this « Clos des Toisières ».
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, french oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOur Monthelie 1er Cru "Clos des Toisières" 2021 has a ruby colour. The nose offers notes of blackcurrant, mocha and undergrowth. The palate is suave, reinforcing the undergrowth aromas and revealing very elegant tannins.
- Food PairingGrilled meat - "coq au vin" - flash-fried steak - mature cheeses