- RegionCôte Chalonnaise
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilLimestone, chalk, and clay.
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 12-14°
- The appellation of Montagny lies approximately 30 kilometres south of Beaune in the rolling folds and hills of the southern part of the Côte Chalonnaise. Montagny is a 100% white wine appellation originating solely from Chardonnay grapes and giving a fresh white wine that is an uncomplicated representation of its parent grape variety. Louis Latour selects only those wines from grapes with a high natural sugar content which constitutes the most reliable indicator of maturity, and therefore quality. Once purchased, the wine is nurtured by the cellarmen at Maison Louis Latour who carefully rack the young Montagny off its lees in the days before bottling. This, as for every Latour wine, contributes the guarantee of typicality and quality of Latour Montagny.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation.
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in stainless steel vats.
- Tasting NoteOur Montagny 2020 has a pale yellow hue with green highlights and an intense nose with aromas of honeysuckle. Its round and ample mouth reveals a perfume of yellow fruits and fresh almond and finishes on a brioche note.
- Food PairingAsparagus - rabbit galantine - trout with almonds - sheeps cheese.
- Montagny 2001 - Wine Advocate - April 23rd, 2003 - 87-88 points :Spiced apple aromas and suave, lush personnality are found in the 2001 Montagny. Tea, apple sauce, and pear make up this light to medium-bodied, sensual wine's flavor profile. It should be drunk over the next 2 years.
- Montagny 1998 - The Beverage testing institute - 2000 :Bright yellow hue. Clean citrus and pineapple aromas. Concentrated flavors lead a medium body with a cleanly-fruited finish. Straightforward, and shows plenty of chardonnay character.
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Recommend this wine
Your pdf has been send with success.
In the Wine Trade? Download Louis Latour App