Monthélie 1er Cru"Clos des Toisières"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationMonthelie Premier cru
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilBathonian limestone and clay.
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 12-14°
- "Clos des Toisières" used to be a small quarry. 'Toisières' is derived from the word 'toit' (roof), and refers to the huge flat stones coming from this quarry sometimes used as roofs. Maison Louis Latour has the monopoly on this climat situated on the higher south-east facing slopes in the pretty little village of Monthélie, hidden away between the vineyards of Meursault and Volnay.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in oak barrels with complete malolactic fermentation.
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in oak barrels, 10% new.
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted.
- Tasting NoteOur 2018 Monthelie Premier Cru "Clos des Toisières" has a discreet nose of exotic fruits and vanilla. It shows off a round mouthfeel with notes of vanilla. A crisp, mineral driven finish.
- Food PairingFish - shellfish - poultry - mature cheeses.
- Monthélie "Clos des Toisières” 2011 - Burghound.com - Allen Meadows (USA) - June 2013 - 88/100There is good volume and mid-palate concentration to the round, rich and delicious flavors that offers reasonably good depth and enough length to be interesting;
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Recommend this wine
Your pdf has been send with success.
In the Wine Trade? Download Louis Latour App