Aloxe-Corton 1er Cru"Domaine Latour"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationAloxe-Corton Premier Cru
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilLimestone, alluvial sand and gravel
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential7-10 years
- Serving temperature 15-17°
- Aloxe-Corton has been the home of the Latour family and the heart of Domaine Louis Latour for centuries. The village of Aloxe-Corton is located in the north of the Côte de Beaune on a stony hillside at the foot of the hill of Corton. It was in 1862 that the name of the climat Corton was added to the village name Aloxe. The vineyards of Domaine Louis Latour surround this famous village and yield a classic Aloxe-Corton.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels, 35% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteWith a beautiful ruby red colour, the Aloxe-Cotron 1er Cru "Domaine Latour" 2016 presents an elegant nose of blackberry and raspberry. The mouth is round with a beautiful length of tannins. This wine reveals notes of cherry and liquorice.
- Food PairingGame birds - poultry - mature cheeses
- Aloxe-Corton 1er Cru "Domaine Latour" 2012 - Tom Cannavan's wine-pages.com - August 2015 - 90/100