- RegionCôte Chalonnaise
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilLimestone, chalk and clay
- Average yield45hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 12-14°C
- The appellation of Montagny lies approximately 30 kilometres to the south of Beaune in the rolling folds and hills of the southern part of the Côte Chalonnaise. Montagny is a 100% white wine appellation originating solely from Chardonnay grapes and giving a fresh white wine that is an uncomplicated representation of its parent grape variety. Louis Latour selects only those wines from grapes with a high natural sugar content which constitutes the most reliable indicator of maturity, and therefore quality. Once purchased, the wine is nurtured by the cellarmen at Maison Louis Latour who carefully rack the young Montagny off its lees in the days before bottling.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteThis Montagny 2017 has a pale yellow color which dissimulates a nose composed of almond paste and brioche. Its mouth is ample, fresh and spicy. We notice a nice freshness at the final.
- Food PairingAsparagus - rabbit galantine - trout with almonds - sheeps cheese