- AppellationCoteaux Bourguignons
- Grape varietyGamay
- Average vine age 40-50 years
- SoilGranite and clay.
- Average yield45-50 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential3 years
- Serving temperature 12-14°C
- Following several years of reflection the new Coteaux Bourguignons appellation was launched in November 2011.
This new appellation offers the freedom to explore and associate different Burgundian terroirs and grape varieties in Burgundy. The grapes used in the elaboration of Coteaux Bourguignons can be sourced from the entire Burgundy vineyard and can be vinified as single varietals or blended. They allow our oenologists to reveal a rich aromatic palate in the style of the house.
Thanks to our bicentennial experience in the heart of burgundy, Maison Louis Latour has the opportunity to express through this wine, the traditional but innovative vision of Burgundy wines.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vat with temperature control. Pumping over once per day during maceration (short maceration, 6-9 days).
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteCoteaux Bourguignons has generous aromas of intense black fruits. In the mouth it has rounded tannins and good concentration with blackcurrant fruit flavours and a mellow finish.
- Food PairingThis wine is extremely versatile and will accompany a wide variety of foods, for example grilled or braised red meats, grilled white meats, oily fish such as salmon and tuna, meat or tomato based pasta dishes, salads, cheese, cured meats, and spicy foods such as Indian curries.
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Recommend this wine
Your pdf has been send with success.
In the Wine Trade? Download Louis Latour App