Pinot Noir"Les Pierres Dorées"
- VillageLes Pierres Dorées
- AppellationCoteaux Bourguignons
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 7 years
- SoilClay and limestone with iron-oxide
- Average yield48 hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential5-7 years
- Serving temperature 14-16°C
- Maison Louis Latour once again exports its Burgundian know-how outside of the Côte d'Or. After the great successes of Ardèche and Var, we have decided to repeat the experience in the heart of Beaujolais with the planting of 25 hectares of Pinot Noir. The calcareous soil rich in iron oxide gives a very particular ochre color, and the high altitude contribute to produce a surprising wine which associates richness and freshness with a beautiful aromatic complexity.
This region offers beautiful argilo-calcareous soils, the plots selected by Maison Louis Latour form two islands and are situated on the villages of Morancé and Theizé. With a continental moderate climate, vineyards benefit from an ideal period of sunshine but the temperatures are relatively fresh due to an elevation between 280 and 400 meters.
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing stainless steel vats and oak barrels
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOf a brilliant color with ruby highlights, our Pinot Noir Les Pierres Dorées 2019 reveals aromas of blackcurrant, spices and liquorice on the nose. Ample and round in the mouth, blackcurrant comes along with notes of undergrowth. This wine shows elegant tannins and a lovely freshness on the finish.
- Food PairingCrusted rack of lamb - quails with grappes - red tuna tartare - sea bass - goat cheese - red fruits soupe
- Les Pierres Dorées Pinot Noir 2018 - 89 points - Falstaff's First International Pinot Noir Trophy
An abundance of red cherry fruit streams from the glass. The same cherry notions - juicy and fresh - also dominate the medium body that has an edge of slightly bitter but mouth-watering liquorice and a darker notion of toasted oak. The finish reverts to that cherry abundance and to juicy freshness.'' Anne Krebiehl
- Pinot Noir "Les Pierres Dorées" 2018, 90/100, James Suckling
A delicious, fruity red with strawberry and plum character. Medium body, round tannins and a fruity finish. Not the most complex wine, but satisfying. Drink now.
- Pinot Noir Les Pierres Dorées 2018 - Wine Review Online - December 2021 - 90/100
- Pinot Noir "Les Pierres Dorées" 2018 - Tom Cannavan's wine-pages.com - August 2020 - 90/100
Lovely cherry bright and briary nose, floral and lightly herbal characters adding freshness and light to the aromas. The fruit is deliciously sweet as it strikes the palate; pert and pretty, it is firmly in the red fruit spectrum of cherry and a touch of raspberry. Spicy, dry tannins and very good, juicy acidity adds length and balance. Deliciously drinkable.
- Pinot Noir "Les Pierres Dorées" 2018 - H&H Series, North London - UK - "Brightly tempting"
Pinot noir likes southem Beaujolais' clay/limestone soil, and Louis Latour Les Pierres Dorées 2018 is brightly tempting. its cherry and strawberry fruit finishing with a savoury edge and soft tannins.
- Pinot Noir Les Pierres Dorées 2018 - Burghound.com, Allen Meadows - Spring 2020 - "Succulent, round""
A very ripe nose of plum, pepper and earth leads to succulent, round and easy-going flavors that retain a good sense of detail on the mildly rustic and short finish. To enjoy immediately.
- Pinot Noir Les Pierres Dorées 2018 - William Kelley, Wine Advocate (USA) - February 2020 - "Rich"
Rich, ripe and exuberant, Latour's 2018 Coteaux Bourguignons Les Pierres Dorées bursts with aromas of ripe cherries, strawberries and licorice. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, fleshy and expressive, its ample core of fruit cloaking muscular tannins. This will drink well young.
- Pinot Noir Les Pierres Dorées 2018 - Bill Nanson - January 2020 - "Delicious"
Round but also rather deep - it's an inviting nose. Full, round, a nice textural grab from modest tannin. A richness of delicious finishing flavour - well balanced. For the price this is a very easy recommendation!
- Pinot Noir Les Pierres Dorées 2018 - Jancis Robinson - January 2020 - 16/20
Planted 2010-2015. Cask sample. Mid crimson. Lightly spiced dark-red fruit. Juicy and fresh. Lively. Gentle but fine tannins. Slightly abrupt finish but well priced for a decent Pinot. (JH, UK)
- Pinot Noir "Les Pierres Dorées" 2017 - James Suckling - USA - February 2019 - 90/100A juicy and rich pinot with figs, dried strawberries and wet earth. Medium body, light tannins and a flavorful finish. Drink now.
- Pinot Noir "Les Pierres Dorées" 2017 - William Kelley, Wine Advocate (USA) - January 2019 - "A promising new venture"
The 2017 Coteaux Bourguignons Les Pierres Dorées offers up aromas of forest floor, berry fruit and toasty new oak. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, tangy and mouthwatering, with delicate tannins and a nice core of fruit. It's a supple country red that suggests this is a promising new venture for Latour. Drink 2018-2023 (cask sample)
- Pinot Noir "Les Pierres Dorées" 2017 - Burgundy Report, Bill Nanson (UK) - January 2019 - "Excellent"
A slightly powdery but lovely and open, indeed inviting pinot fruit. Lots of intensity and good concentration. This is simply an excellent glass of pinot - no question! (Bill Nanson, UK)
- Pinot Noir "Les Pierres Dorées" 2016 - Harpers Wine Stars - November 2018 - 3 stars
- Pinot Noir "Les Pierres Dorées" 2016 - James Suckling - February 2018 - 89/100An attractively light and charming pinot noir with some nice, warm and dry tannins. There is also friendly acidity for this often-tart category. Drink now or in 2019. Only the second vintage of this wine.
- Pinot Noir "Les Pierres Dorées" 2015 - Mundus Vini - Germany - February 2017 - Silver Medal
- Pinot Noir "Les Pierres Dorées" 2015 - Jancis Robinson - January 2017 - 16/20
- Pinot Noir "Les Pierres Dorées" 2015 - En Magnum - Déc. 2016 Fév. 2017 - 14.5/20
Originated from a 20 hectares' vineyard, in the Pierres Dorées area, this 100% Pinot Noir is a fruit bomb. We crunch into cherry and raspberry, it's superb. The mouth is straight, fleshy with salivative and tonic finale. A masterstroke, you could not dream of a better vintage than 2015 for such a project.