BourgogneHautes-Côtes de Beaune
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 25 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield50 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 14-15°
- The appellation, officially granted in 1961, comprises of 12 communes of the Hautes Côtes district plus the upper portions of 10 communes lying in the Côte de Beaune. In the Saône-et-Loire, it spreads over four communes of the Hautes Côtes as well as on the heights of three communes of the Côte de Beaune. The boundary between the Hautes-Côtes de Beaune and the Hautes-Côtes de Nuits runs through Magny-Iès-Villers.
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in stainless steel vats and oak barrels
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteThis wine has lots of character, intense aromas and a long finish. It has a ruby-red colour and aromas of cherries, liquorice and undergrowth.
- Food PairingGrilled meat - charcuterie - meat terrine - cheese
- Bourgogne Hautes-Côtes de Beaune 2020 - James Suckling - 90/100 pts
Plenty of bright red fruit on the nose, but also some spice and licorice. We really like the way the fruit animates the sleek palate and the fresh acidity makes the finish crisp and clean. Drink now.
- Bourgogne Hautes Côtes de Beaune 2019 - Tom Lewis - UK - November 2022
Ruby-coloured with complex gaminess, spice and cherry fruit; fresh black cherries savoury mocha and nutmeg with liquorice; firm, savoury and concentrated with persistent yet gentle tannins. Very Good.
Pair with red meats, simply prepared game, sausage cassoulet and mild cheeses.
- Bourgogne Hautes-Côtes de Beaune 2018, 88/100, James Suckling
A simple red with plum and orange-peel aromas and flavors. Medium body. Drink now.
- Bourgogne-Hautes Côtes de Beaune 2018 - Burghound.com, Allen Meadows - Spring 2020 - "Nicely detailed"
The nose features the essence of various red berries, earth and a whiff of spice. There is better verve to the nicely detailed and lightly stony middle weight flavors that offer depth and persistence on the firm saline-inflected finale.