- VillageCrus du Beaujolais
- Grape varietyGamay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilPink schistous granite.
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential2-3 years
- Serving temperature 13-15°
- The name and reputation enjoyed by Brouilly, a Cru of Beaujolais, is a fairly recent phenomenon. The Brouilly "Les Saburins" is produced from grapes grown on the ideally situated southerly facing pink granite slopes which gain maximum exposure to the sun's warm rays. As a result the Gamay fruit produced, reaches maximum ripeness. Once harvested, by hand, the fruit is fermented in whole bunches of grapes in open vats. Brouilly "Les Saburins" is a soft, perfumed wine which marries tenderness with richness.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing
- Tasting NoteOur Brouilly « Les Saburins » 2017 shows a superb garnet red colour. An intense nose with plum liqueur and strawberry. Beautiful tannins on the finish.
- Food PairingGrilled meat - charcuterie - mature cheeses.
- Brouilly "Les Saburins" 2008 - Cellarmarque- April 2009 - "Lasting Flavours"This Louis Latour Brouilly "Les Saburins" 2008 has a lovely deep garnet colour. The nose reveals aromas of pear-drops and banana, typical of the Gamay varietal. It is round and smooth with nice balance and lasting flavours.
- 2006 Les Saburins Brouilly - Jancis Robinson – February 2008 – 15.5 points :Lifted red fruit, hints of bubblegum, fine dry tannins. Drink 2009-11.
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Recommend this wine
Your pdf has been send with success.
In the Wine Trade? Download Louis Latour App