Chablis 1er Cru
- AppellationChablis Premier Cru
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilPortlandian and Kimmeridgian limestone.
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential5-7 years
- Serving temperature 12-14°
- Chablis is an isolated island of vineyards in the northern section of viticultural Burgundy halfway between Dijon and Paris. Despite its enormous hectarage and output, the area of Chablis now produces less than 5% of what it did a hundred years ago. The lower yields and improved viticultural practices have made this wine a perrenial favourite. Maison Louis Latour selects sections of vineyards within Premier Cru appellations so that the quality of the fruit is guaranteed year after year.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteOf a brillant pale yellow colour, our Chablis 1er Cru 2017 offers a lovely nose of white flowers and exotic fruits. The mouth, ample and fresh, reveals subtle touch of citrus and chlorophyll. Nice minerality on the finish.
- Food PairingShellfish - fish - charcuterie.
- Chablis 1er Cru 2008 - Decanter - July 2010 - 3 starsFirm, smoky, very mineral nose. Slightly broader palate, but still has flinty mineral notes. Fine acidity with some body. From 2010. (RG)
- Chablis 1er Cru 2007 - South China Morning Post - November 27th 2008 - "Lively fruit notes"Perfect Match:
The wine is ideal for salmon tartare flavoured with honey mustard. The Chablis has gone through partial malolactic fermentation and has an induced richness that is linked and extended by the rich salmon fat. It has plenty of lively fruit notes that will work well with the high-toned mustard; the wine renders the combination a silky experience with plenty of warmth.
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Recommend this wine
Your pdf has been send with success.
In the Wine Trade? Download Louis Latour App