- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilPortlandian and Kimmeridgian limestone.
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential2-3 years
- Serving temperature 10-12°
- Chablis is an isolated island of vineyards in the northern section of wine-producing Burgundy halfway between Dijon and Paris. Maison Louis Latour's Chablis is the ultimate expression of what the noble Chardonnay grape is capable of on the region's famous Kimmeridgian limestone slopes. The wine is perfumed, lively, clean and steely-tasting with a crisp finish.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteThis Chablis 2012 is a luminous light yellow in colour with pretty flecks of green. On the nose, floral notes are deepened with alluring citrus aromas. Round, this wine delivers a lovely freshness with lemon and herbal notes.
- Food PairingShellfish - seafood - charcuterie.
- Chablis 2018 - James Suckling - May 2020 - 91/100
This is a bright, minerally white with lemons and sliced apples. Pears, too. Medium-bodied, creamy and refined. Lovely stone undertone. Real Chablis undertone of limestone. Drink now.
- Chablis 2013 - The Sunday Business Post - February 2015 - 91/100
- Chablis 2010 - Wine Spectator - November 2012 - 86/100 Light and fruity, this has a yeasty edge along with acidity. On the palate, there are lots of green fruits, offering a dancing, lively character. At the end, there is a touch of vanilla. (USA)
- Chablis 2005 - Jancis Robertson - January 2007 - 15.5/20Quite ripe nose, good acidity. Drink 2007/08.
- Chablis 2003 - Sommelier India - May 2006 A bright pale gold colourn with a hint of green. The nose is round and rich with intense, fresh fruit aromas balanced by a mineral steeliness. This is classic Chablis, medium-bodied with a good crisp finish.
- Chablis 2000 - Sunday Independent - November 2002 A bright pale gold colour with a hint of green. The nose is round and rich with intense fresh fruit aromas balanced by a mineral steeliness. This is classic Chablis, medium-bodied with a good crisp finish and pronounced ripe fruit flavours.
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Recommend this wine
Your pdf has been send with success.
In the Wine Trade? Download Louis Latour App