Côte de Nuits-Villages
- RegionCôte de Nuits
- VillageCôte de Nuits-Villages
- AppellationCôte de Nuits-Villages
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield50 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential7-8 years
- Serving temperature 14-15°
- Our Côte de Nuits-Villages encompasses the villages of Premeaux-Prissey, Comblanchien and Corgoloin just south of Nuits-Saint-Georges. The vineyards benefit from east-facing hill-slopes which act as a sun-trap to create maximum ripeness in the grapes. The complex soil composition of these villages includes varying proportions of marl and shale clays which produce wines of great character and charm. Maison Louis Latour's Côte de Nuits Villages is an excellent introduction to the wines of the Côte de Nuits.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteThis Côte de Nuits villages 2012 is deep ruby red coloured with an intense nose of red fruits. In the mouth it is tasty and mouth-watering with delicious aromas of raspberry and cherry. A very elegant wine.
- Food PairingGrilled meat - charcuterie - meat terrine - cheese
- Côte de Nuits-Villages 2014 - Wine Enthusiast - October 2016 - 87/100
From vineyards at the south end of the Côte de Nuits, this is a fruity, crisp wine with attractive ready-to-drink fruit flavors. The aftertaste is tight and packed with acidity.