Chambertin Grand Cru"Cuvée Héritiers Latour"
- RegionCôte de Nuits
- AppellationChambertin Grand Cru
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilBajocian limestone base, chalky topsoil with gravel and clay
- Average yield30 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential10-15 years
- Serving temperature 16-17°
- At the heart of a constellation of Grands Crus from Côte de Nuits is to be found Le Chambertin. The terroir of Chambertin is legendary for its exceptional richness due to a geological phenomenon called an alluvial fan. This deeply complex terroir is characterized by brown calcareous soils. It breeds a powerful and complex wine with a long ageing potential, combining the robustness of Pinot Noir and the taste of the "terroir". At the end of the 19th century the Latour family acquired 0.81 hectares in the Chambertin Grand Cru appellation, forming a beautiful parcel extending from the top to the bottom of the hillside, closer to that of Latricières rather than Clos de Bèze. We took the name of Chambertin "Cuvée Héritiers Latour", as the parcel has been passed down through the generations of Latour family descendants.
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels, 100% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, french oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteThis wine has complex aromas of smoke, game and also hints of licorice and berries. On the palate, it evolves toward notes of mixed berries and earthiness with great aromatic persistence on the finish.
- Food PairingVenison stew - roasted female deer with pepper and mashed celery - Soumaintrain cheese
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2007 - Wine Spectator Insider - February 3rd, 2010 - 93/100
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Hériters Latour" 2007 - Burghound.com- April 2009- 91/100
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2019 - The Wine Advocate - 92-95 pts
"The 2019 Chambertin Grand Cru Cuvée Heritiers Latour is very promising, mingling notes of berries and rose petals with hints of rich soil tones, warm spices and licorice. Full-bodied, layered and concentrated, it's beautifully balanced and complete, with ripe tannins and a long, precise finish."
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2018 - 97/100 - Wine Enthusiast, December 2020
A hint of forest fruit appears one minute; the next this wine's shy nose shuts down again. The palate comes in with concentrated, svelte insistence. Within the frame of
the fine tannins there is a certain plushness of fruit, while the firm, graceful structure keeps all within its soaring bounds, channeling energy, aroma and fruit forward into the future. What an experience.
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2018 - 97/100 - Wine Enthusiast
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2018, 97/100, James Suckling
Captivating blue fruit on the nose, as well as lavender and rose petals. Some hazelnuts and tea, too. Full-bodied with very tight, chewy tannins that are wonderfully polished and energetic. Extremely long and tight right now. Superb structure. Try after 2024, to allow it to show more of its potential.
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Heritiers Latour" 2018 - Tim Atkin - January 2020 - 92/100
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2018 - Burghound.com, Allen Meadows - Spring 2020 - 93/100
This is very ripe, indeed to the point that there are notes of jammy and earthy dark berry fruit aromas that exhibit a plethora of pretty spice elements. There is fine volume and mid-palate concentration to the overtly mineral-inflected and muscular flavors that are at once supple yet firm on the youthfully austere finish that exhibits focused power. This too should age well for years to come. 2033+
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2018 - World of Fine Wine - March 2020 - 94/100
Deep ruby. Admirable aromatic clarity and restraint: dark fruit, but no overripeness and no negative sign of its relatively short spell in 100% new oak (the wine already having been racked into stainless steel). Very gentle and graceful on entry, with some of the minerality and profundity proper to the cru, but this impresses more for its balance, poise, and perfect proportions than for its sheer scale. A light dryness on the finish, but this should integrate, and the wine stays sufficiently succulent thanks to the finely-wrought tannins. (Neil Beckett, cask sample)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2018 - William Kelley, Wine Advocate (USA) - February 2020 - 94/100
The 2018 Chambertin Grand Cru Cuvée Heritiers Latour was one of the more backward wines in the cellar and needs further élevage, but it's certainly promising, exhibiting aromas of cherries, wild berries, rich forest floor and dried flowers. Full-bodied, rich and powerful, it's long, broad and muscular, with ample reserves of youthfully chewy tannin that will round out with further time in barrel.
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2018 - Bill Nanson - January 2020 - "A high level!"
Rather dark coloured. The nose is deep, not so wide, ripe-fruited, another that suggests a little alcohol. Suave, there's tannin but as part of a velvet texture, no astringency. This feels super in the mouth, lingering, mouth-watering - not showing everything today the parts visible are on a high level!
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2018 - Jancis Robinson - January 2020 - 17/20
Cask sample. Deep cherry red. Much more fruity on the nose than the Corton Grancey. Replete with dark-red fruit, much riper than any of the Louis Latour reds tasted so far. However, the texture is still finely dry and the finish is dry and savoury. (JH, UK)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2017 - Burghound.com - USA - April 2019 - 90-92/100
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2017 - James Suckling - USA - February 2019 -95/100The blackberry, black-truffle and wet-earth aromas are impressive for the vintage. Medium-to full-bodied, tight and focused with lovely tannin tension and freshness. Pretty acidity at the end. Tasted just before bottling. Drink after 2022.
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2017 - William Kelley, Wine Advocate (USA) - January 2019 - 94/100
A reserved bouquet of cherries, cassis, grilled meats, spices and wood smoke. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, ample and layered, with nice concentration and depth at the core, juicy acids and fine but abundant structuring tannins. (cask sample)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2017 - Burgundy Report, Bill Nanson - January 2019 - "Impressive"
Lots of freshness at the top, good depth too - but narrow. Full, complex, mobile - lots of volume and energy in tandem. Long, slowly mouth-watering, long again - impressive but clearly a wine for the more patient - in a 2017 context!
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2016 - William Kelley, Wine Advocate (USA) - January 2019 - 95/100
The 2016 Chambertin Grand Cru Cuvée Heritiers Latour is the most reserved of the Louis Latour reds I tasted from bottle, unfurling reluctantly in the glass to reveal notions of spicy berry fruit, peony, orange rind and savory nuances of forest floor. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, deep and concentrated, with a sappy core of fruit, fine but youthfully chewy tannins and a long, sapid finish. An open bottle continued to improve for over a week, making my initial rating seem conservative, so I'm convinced that patience will be rewarded. Drink 2023-2045
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2016 - Wine Spectator - May 2018 - 96/100
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2016 - Burghound.com - April 2018 - 90/100Cool yet ripe aromas of spicy purpe fruit, earth, game and a background touch of wood precedes the impressively rich, sleek, muscular and powerful flavors that brim...
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2016 - The World of Fine Wine - March 2018 - 94/100
Morello and cranberry take turns on the nose. There is also an overtone of fragrant peony. The concentrated, fluid palate bursts with fruit but is firmly framed with fine tannic structure and a most lively, vivid freshness. - Anne Krebiehl MW
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2016 - James Suckling - February 2018 - 97/100There's a pretty massive tannin structure behind this concentrated and muscular wine, which needs a lot more time. But it's so vibrant right now. Try to wait at least until 2020. If you can wait five years then this will surely be even more exciting.
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2016 - Jancis Robinson - January 2018 - 16,5/20Drink 2022-2037
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2016 - Tim Atkin - January 2018 - 93/100
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2016 - Burgundy Report - Bill Nanson - December 2017
After the Cortons this is both a more modest and a more elegant nose - finer complexity of fruit and floral notes here. Fresh, fine volume - more cushioned volume than the Clos du Roi - developing flavour, complex flavour. A very elegant Chambertin but of depth and undoubted complexity. Long, long...
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2016 - Inside Burgundy, Jasper Morris - January 2018 - 92-95/100
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2015 - Wine Enthusiast - November 2017 - 95/100 Cellar Selection
This is Burgundian opulence, with generous, rounded black-fruit and berry flavors. Supporting this richness are the tannins that will allow the wine to age. (USA)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2015 - Wine Spectator - July 2017 - 95/100
A compact style, just short of monolithic, displaying black cherry, plum, thyme, granite and chalk aromas and flavors. Complex and balanced, with a sense of refinement and terrific energy. The best is yet to come. Excellent length.
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2015 - Burghound.com - April 2017 - 91-94/100
Even aggressive swirling barely succeeds in liberating the earthy and beautifully complex aromas of dark currant, autumn leaves and a whiff of smoked game. There is excellent punch to the rich, velvety and relatively refined flavors that brim with minerality on the hugely long finish that displays hints of mocha and warmth. This is clearly built-to-age though in this case the richness is such that it could be enjoyed on the younger side. 2030+ Allen Meadows (USA)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2015 - Tim Atkin - January 2017 - 93/100
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2015 - Burgundy Report - December 2016 - "True Chambertin"
Wide, a little sweet coffee - it grows a floral perfume too. Really fine texture and of-course there's a great weight of flavour-concentration. True Chambertin, very big but opulently textured and talking non-stop - really fine complexity. Beautiful wine. Bill Nanson (UK)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2014 - Wine Advocate - October 2017 - 95/100
It has a very intense bouquet with vibrant red and black fruit struck thourgh mineralS. Thus has breeding and authority - très grand cru (...) The palate is medium-bodied, quite muscular on the entry with a keen thread of acidity, superb structure and real depth toward the kingly finish. This is a magnificient Chambertin. Anticipated maturity: 2020-2045 (USA)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2014 - Wine Enthusiast - October 2016 - 95/100 - Cellar Selection
Powerful and complex, this dark wine comes from vines at the heart of appellation, rich and dense. It offers the potential of great fruit, rich acidity and considerable structure, and will develop giving richness and long aging. Drink from 2023. f
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2014 - Wine Spectator - April 2016 - 93/100
An elegant perfumed, style, this white features lime blossom, citronella, apple and butterscotch flavors, singed with smoky vanilla and mineral accents. Still a bit firm on the finish. Best from 2018 through 2024. By Bruce Sanderson (USA)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2014 - Wine Chronicles - May 2016 - 94/100
Gorgeous depth and judicious extraction of tannin, I immediately fell in love with this wine. Dark ripe cherry and licorice, with some spice, oak driven notes. The palate is powerful, full bodied, great depth, with evident tannin, but ripe and polished leading to a very long finish. Excellent !
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2014 - Burghound.com - April 2016 - 92/100
A strikingly fresh if markedly reserved nose displays notes of both red and dark berries together with discreet nuances of spice, game, humus and violets. There is terrific intensity to the sleek, detailed and stony medium weight plus flavors that possess focused power on the impressively long and moderately austere finale. This is not as complex as the Grands Echézeaux or the Romanée St. Vivant but this is still very young and my score offers the benefit of the doubt that more will develop with time in bottle./2026+
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2014 - Tim Atkin (UK) - February 2016 - 93/100
- Chambertin Grand Cru 2014 "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" - Burgundy Report - January 2016 - "Rather complex"
Deep, round, rather complex aromatics. Interesting, this is round and full (...). (cask sample) By Bill Nanson (UK)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2013 - Wine Spectator - April 2016 - 93/100
Pure cherry marks this elegant, intense red. Lean and tightly coiled, with elements of mineral, spice and currant. Shows excellent length, but this crisp version will need a few years to find equilibrium. Best from 2019 through 2032. By Bruce Sanderson (USA).
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2013 - Wine Spectator - January 2016 - 93/100
Pure cherry marks this elegant, intense red. Lean and tightly coiled, with elements of mineral, spice and currant. Shows excellent length, but this crisp version will need a few years to find equilibrium. Best from 2019 through 2032.—B.S.
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2013 - James Suckling - June 2015 - 95/100The
nose is fascinating with rose petal, lemon peel, stone and black cherry.
Full-bodied and ultra-fine. It's seamless and goes on and on. Ethereal and
refined. A true beauty. Tiny production of six barrels. Part of the vineyard is
being replanted. So hard not to drink now, but better in 2018.
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2013 - Burghound.com - Avril 2015 - 88/100(half of the parcel was replanted in 2012 so the quantities will be reduced for some years to come). An intensely earthy nose of plum, dark currant and underbrush is trimmed in ample oak and menthol scents. There is excellent volume and intensity to the beautifully mineral-inflected medium-bodied flavors that possess solidmid-palate concentration, all wrapped in a mildly austere and impressively persistent finish. This will need time to eat its wood though it should be able to successfully integrate it in time.
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2013 - Tim Atkin - January 2015 - 93/100 (UK)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2012 - Wine Enthusiast - December 2015 - 94/100 - Cellar Selection
Aged in 100% new wood, this massive wine is full of dark plum and fragrant strawberries. It is also packed with dark tannins that give the wine a dry core. The fruitiness has a strongly juicy character, fragrant with acidity and freshness. The end is a reminder that this is a powerful wine. Drink from 2020. By Roger Voss (USA)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2012- Tom Cannavan's wine-pages.com - August 2015 - 93/100
Very lifted and fragrant, lots of fresh red cherry and a touch of raspberry and red liquorice. Delicious light freshness, a really light on its feet style, with fabulous elegance and clarity. (UK)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2012 - Wine Spectator Insider - Avril 2015 - 94/100An intense, minerally style, lean and racy, with cherry, raspberry, tobacco and kirsch flavors. Saturated, tannic and balanced, featuring a long, palate-staining finish. Best from 2020 through 2035.
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2012 - Burghound.com - April 2014 - 92/100A spicy, cool and airy nose only grudgingly displays its complex array of ripe violet, plum, earth and wet stone scents. The velvet-textured and mineral-driven middle weight flavors possess excellent delineation as well as focused power before culminating in a balanced, complex and palate coating finish. The supporting tannins have a very good level of phenolic maturity and overall this is a very fine Latour Chambertin. By Allen Meadows (USA)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2012 - Jancis Robinson - January 2014 - 17/20Drink 2020-2032 (UK)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2012 - Tim Atkin - February 2014 - 92/100 (UK)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2011 - Wine Enthusiast - September 2014 - 93/100Rich and sweetly fruity, this wine wields intense power. Red fruits are initially opulent and pleasurable, but then the wine begins to show solid structure and concentration. The final texture, with its tannins and fruit in harmony, is impressive. Drink from 2018.-R.V.
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2011 - Wine Spectator - June 2014 - 94/100Bright and fruity, with underlying grip, this is full of raspberry, cherry, spice and mineral aromas and flavors. Features latent energy that drives the long aftertaste, displaying fine balance along with spice and tobacco notes. Best from 2018 through 2032. By Bruce Sanderson (USA)
- Chambertin "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2011 - Burghound.com - May 2013 - 93/100This is more expressive and really quite elegant with its cool and airy nose of plum, violets, stone, earth and humus elements. There is a subtle smokiness to the impressively rich and solidly muscular big-bodied flavors that possess fine volume before culminating in a mouth coating finish that offers excellent length. The supporting tannins are firm but not aggressive and overall this offers very good balance and aging potential. 2023+. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Chambertin "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2011 - Jancis Robinson - Feb 2013 - 17/20Lots of cherry fruit. Dense, compact, firm. Promising, just enough freshness. Drink 2017-2025. By Julia Harding MW.
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2011 - Tim Atkin 2011 Burgundy Special Report - UK - 90/100
- Chambertin Grand Cru « Cuvée Héritiers Latour » 2011 - World of Fine Wine - Feb 2013 - 17/20Lean, oaky sour-cherry nose; reticent. Quite rich and suave, with ripe elegant tannins and fresh acidity. By Stephen Brook (UK)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2010 - Burghound.com - April 2012 - 93/100Mild wood does not significantly diminish the appeal of the fresh red currant, cassis and stone aromas. There is fine richness and volume to the full-bodied flavors that possess a velvety and mouth coating palate impression before ending in a powerful, focused and linear mineral-driven finish. 2022+ By Allen Meadows (USA)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2010 - Wine Enthusiast - November 2012 - 92/100 Concentrated, dense and powerful, this has all the structure of a Chambertin. As a contrast, the juicy acidity cuts through the texture, luring out black fruits that balance the solid core of tannins. It needs to age for at least 7 years.
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2009 - Wine Spectator - February 2012 - 90/100Lush and supple, this red offers macerated cherry, currant and spice flavors. This shows some heat on the finish, pulling it out of balance at this stage, and blunting the finish. Best from 2014 through 2024. (USA)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2009 - Clive Coates - May 2013 - 17.5/20Medium colour. Somewhat earthy nose. Good fresh, balanced fruit. Fullish body. Still hidden. On the palate we have lots of dimension and intensity, good grip and quite an aggressive follow through. (UK)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2009 - Wine Enthusiast - October 2011 - 92/100An elegant wine, marked by fresh black fruits under the tannins. It is also generous, offering richness and structure, the acidity rounded out by all the ripe fruit. (USA)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2009 - Burghound.com - May 2011 - 92/100A completely different nose of wild red berries, underbrush, pungent Gevrey-style earth and hints of game leads to rich, detailed and intensely mineral-suffused medium-bodied flavors that evidence excellent length where both a touch of wood and stone surface. This supple effort is really quite stylish and should age well. 2021+. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2009 - Decanter - February 2011 - 17.5/20Fresh cherry and strawberry nose. Juicy, sleek, and velvety, with concentration and discreet tannins, though not extracted; the mid-palate shows considerable lift and finesse, but lacks some nuance. Long. Drink 2014-2022. By Stephen Brook (UK).
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2009 - Jancis Robinson - January 2011 - 17/20Domaine wine. Sweet and coffee on the nose. Transparent and very sweet. Drink 2013-2018. (UK)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2008 - Wine Enthusiast - December 2010 - 92/100There is plenty of the proper power and intensity of a Chambertin here, resulting in a structured wine. It is dense; packed with black plum flavors, with a hard edge of spice and tannin. Obviously, there is a long-term future here, and it should not be touched for 5-6 years. By Roger Voss (USA).
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2008 - Wine Spectator Insider - March 2011 - 90/100This is elegant, with a succulent texture and vibrant structure framing straw¬berry, cherry, spice and mineral flavors. Firms up on the finish, but the aftertaste lingers in a subtle way. Best from 2014 through 2025. (USA)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2008 - Burghound.com - April 2010 - 91/100An extremely cool and backward nose of moderately high-toned and intensely stony red berry fruit and distinctly animale aromas complements well the detailed, precise and equally mineral-driven, firm and big-bodied flavors. There is good if not sensational power here and not quite the length that one might hope for but given how youthful this still is, there will be plenty of time for that to develop. 2023+. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2008 - The World of Fine Wine - Issue 27 - March 2010 - 17.5/20Medium-deep ruby. Closed but all apparently in place; clean earth, dried cherry and strawberry, light spice. More structured than the Mazis; dense but still elegant with fine tannins and a lovely, flowing texture. A little light by comparison with some, but delicious, elegant, refined, and long. - NB. (UK)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2007 - Wine Spectator Insider - February 3rd, 2010 - 93/100An intense red, powerful and elegant at once, exhibiting black cherry, chocolate, licorice and mineral flavors. This just keeps building on the palate and won't be denied, culminating in a long, chewy, licorice-tinged finish. Best from 2014 through 2030. By Bruce Sanderson (USA).
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Hériters Latour" 2007 - Burghound.com- April 2009- 91/100This is very cool and restrained on the airy, layered and impressively complex nose that offers up notes of smoke, game, red pinot fruit and ample amounts of earth and underbrush, both of which can be found on the minerally flavors that culminate in an understated, persistent and mouth coating finish. This is not a big wine by the typical standards of a classic Chambertin, indeed it's quite fine but certainly attractive in its fashion. 2015+. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2006 - Wine Spectator - May 2009 - 93/100A combination of fresh, ripe cherry, spice and mineral flavors, a silky texture and firm, integrated tannins makes this red appealing and expressive. It's classy and balanced, with a lingering aftertaste of cherry and stone. Best from 2012 through 2025. By Bruce Sanderson (USA).
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2006 - Burghound.com - April 2008 - 91-93/100An unusually expressive, cool and airy red berry fruit nose with background notes of a broad cassis character that adds to the impression of ripeness that further extends to the energetic, punchy and obviously mineral-infused flavors that possess fine detail and intensity on the reserved and youthfully austere finish. This is balanced, long and serious. 2014+. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2006 - Jancis Robinson - February 2008 - 17.5/20Sweet, slightly toffeed red fruit aromas then much more savoury, oaky spice on the palate. Fine, dry tannins and fresh long finish. Already surprisingly approachable. Drink 2009-15. (UK)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2005 - Jancis Robinson - January 2007 - 18/20Hint of ripe cherry fruit. Very sweet and rich with masses of ripe fruit and the tannins and acid well-handled. Fine tannins. Great charaterful fruit. Great texture. (UK)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée des Héritiers" 2005 - Wine Spectator - January 2008 - 95/100This starts out elegant, then intensifies as it unfolds across the palate. A touch green, with a sweet sawed pine note and a beam of cherry and red currant. There are firm tannins, but the lasting impression is sweet fruit. Best from 2013 through 2028. By Bruce Sanderson (USA).
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée des Héritiers" 2005 - Burghound.com - April 2007 - 93 /100 A clear step up in aromatic complexity with a wonderful range of spice nuances, including anise, clove and cinnamon plus ripe dark and gamy fruit aromas where the sense of the sauvage continues onto the rich, full and sweet flavors that possess outstanding volume and power. This is a bruiser of a Chambertin but it's not rustic and I particularly like the mouth coating sappiness on the impressively long finish. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2005 - Wine Advocate - May 2007 - 90/100A 2005 Chambertin displays abundant ripe black cherry fruit, hints of cedar and licorice, deep underlying meatiness, and polished tannins. Soft and incipiently velvety, this should be very flattering (and hopefully more complex) with only a few years further maturation. (USA)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée des Héritiers" 2004 - Burghound.com - April 2006 - 88-91/100A beautiful complex nose of earth, game, a touch of the sauvage and plenty of very fresh crushed red pinot fruit notes that give way to rich, round and elegant flavors that are sweet, attractive and delicious if not particularly concentrated or powerful. A Chambertin of finesse rather than muscle. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2003 - Burghound.com - April 2005 - 92/100A background trace of wood underscores rich and gorgeously perfumed plumy pinot aromas that lead to elegant, powerfull and dense but velvety flavors that offer good mid-palate punch and a sappy, delicious, impressively complex finish. I very much like the style of this as it's serious, balanced and built for the moderate to long term. 2015+. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2003 - Wine Spectator - April 2006 - 92/100Packed with ripe, slightly raisined cherry, black currant and woodsy notes, but there's also a cloak of tannins surrounding this core of fruit It's impressive more for its intensity than expression of terroir today. best from 2010 through 2020. (USA)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour” 2003- Wine Enthusiast - September 2005 - 93/100A wine that explodes with powerful, ripe flavours. It offers complex black fruit flavours, and tons of spice plus ample acidity. This great wine should develop over many years. (USA)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2003 - Wine Advocate - Issue 158 - 91/100The ruby-coloured, red-fruit scented Chambertin - from estate holdings - is fleshy, thick, and medium-bodied. Loads of red cherries, raspberries, notes of strawberries, and fresh herbs can be found in this impressive wine's personality. In addition, this outstanding effort's sappy fruit and chewy texture are carried through its extended finish. Projected maturity : 2007 - 2015. (USA)
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2002 - Jersey Gallery Magazine - November 2011 - "Excellent balanced style"This classic wine has an impressive garnet hue and a distinctive smoky nose. The vigour and concentration of fully mature Pinot Noir grapes which are grown on this noble soil of the vineyards of Chambertin in the heart of Cotes de Nuits form an alliance giving complexity and longevity to the wine. The oaky flavours are complemented by some hints of liquorice and dark chocolate with well integrated smooth tannins. Whilst already offering some excellent balanced style and elegance the irmness and structure of this Grand Cru means the wine can still be laid down for a further period of ageing. Game and duck dishes are great with Chambertin CuvéeHeritiers Latour but try it with Morbier cheese from Franche-Comté to really get some perfect harmony.
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 2002 - TheFineWineTimes.com - February 11th, 2010 - "Elegant"Aged and fragrant with light but wild aromas of minerals, damp earth, smoke, meat and light vanilla. Light ruby colour with lots of complex minerality allied to medium-concentrated spicy black cherry and earthy flavours. It does have a good deep vein of earthy black fruit concentration. Dry and structured with light but with irony tannins. Good long, elegant and earthy.
- Chambertin Grand Cru « Cuvée Héritiers Latour » 2002 - Wine Spectator - May 15th, 2005 - 94/100Intense and sinewy, showing the licorice, tobacco and mineral side of Burgundy, with its wild cherry fruit locked up light. A steel-coiled structure backs it all up, with a long, tannin-and-alcohol-driven finish. Very compact and monolithic now. (USA)
- 1997 Chambertin Grand Cru « Cuvée Héritiers Latour » – Wine Advocate – October 1999 – 90+ points :The dark ruby-colored 1997 Chambertin has spicy, blackberry, and cinnamon-laced aromas. It is dense concentrated, well-extracted, masculine, and broad-shouldered. This is a medium to full-bodied, thick, chocolate, mocha and cassis-crammed wine.
- 1993 Chambertin « Cuvée Héritiers Latour »– Guide Hachete des Vins 1998 :Undergrowth and truffle, white pepper, leather and vanilla make up an impressive bouquet, with a pleasing ruby colour.
- Chambertin Grand Cru "Cuvée Héritiers Latour" 1985 - Wine Spectator - March 1988 - 95/100Delicate, silky, polished, with beautifully focused flavors of strawberry, Everything a Chambertin should be.
- 1985 Chambertin Grand Cru - Burghound, Allen Meadows - February 2009 - 89 points:A mix of secondary and tertiary aromas that give off a slightly chaptalized note as well as ample sous bois merge into delicious and slightly sweet middle weight flavors that do possess an attractive sense of underlying minerality that imparts a big of lift to the otherwise impressively persistent finish. This is not a big wine and definitely on the soft side compared to the other examples of Chambertin in this tasting. That said, it is delicious and easy to appreciate and has definitely arrived at its peak. 90/now
- Chambertin Grand Cru 1929 - Burghound.com - November 2007 - 95/100A striking nose that is at once fully mature yet vibrant with superb breadth and depth, offering spice, sous bois, Gevrey style earth and plenty of game nuances that serve as a beautiful introduction to the rich, full, sweet, minerally and still intense flavors that culminate in a palate staining and admirably long finish. In short, a gorgeous example of the '29 vintage that is still going strong and should continue to do so. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Chambertin Grand Cru 1903 - Burghound.com - July 2008 - 87/100Heavy bricking yet still with a ruby core. Noticeable volatile acidity adds that just avoids dominating the otherwise earth, spice and sous bois-infused nose that introduces detailed, cool and minerally medium weight flavors that possess lovely depth on the nice persistent if somewhat short finish. For a relatively difficult vintage and 105 years of age, this bottle turned in a more than respectable performance. By Allen Meadows (USA).