- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilClay and limestone.
- Average yield50 hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential2-3 years
- Serving temperature 10-12°
- The village of Lugny is located high up in the south of the Mâcon region. It has a great reputation for its white wines, which has made Mâcon famous. It is well known that the village of Lugny, with its limestone soils and warm climate, produces the most coveted white wines of the region. The vineyard of "Les Genièvres" is one of the best. Maison Louis Latour selects the best grapes of this village, which thanks to its terroir, was the only village planted with Chardonnay 30 years ago.
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteA beautiful wine with a light golden pale robe and greenish highlights, with muscat like aromas and notes of licorice. It has excellent roundness to it, ready to drink now! Tasted January 2007
- Food PairingGrilled fish - seafood - Comté cheese.
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2005 - Appetite Magazine - October 2008 - 4 stars
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2005 - Burghound.com - July 2007 - 86/100
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2005 - Jancis Robinson - January 2007 - 15/20
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2020 - Wine Review Online - March 2023 - 91/100
Latour's racy 2020 Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genievres" shows the perfect marriage of their style with the warmth of the vintage. It displays remarkably good density for the Mâconnais without a trace of heaviness thanks to the riveting acidity that imparts an uplifting character to the wine. Think of it as your go-to white this summer.
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2021 - James Suckling - September 2022 - USA - 90/100
Both ripe and fresh, this prototypical Macon chardonnay shows notes of lemon curd, lemon balm and licorice. Excellent balance on the moderately creamy palate, then a long lively and slightly flinty finish. Drink now.
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2020 - 90 pts - James Suckling - July 2021
Lovely pear, citrus and floral nose. Zesty freshness and plenty of fruit on the medium-bodied palate with just enough acidity to keep it rolling nicely over the palate. No great length, but excellent balance. Drink now.
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2020 - Somm Con & The Somm Journal - Silver Medal - 2022
Wine award - Silver Medal.
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2018 - James Suckling - 90/100
This is always a delicious white with apples bananas and some stone undertones. It's full-bodied with a fruity finish. Hints of tropical fruit at the end. Drink now.
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2017 - Wine Align - Canada - April 2020 - 90/100
Really enjoying the understated complexity, softer ambiance and value in this well made Mâcon chardonnay! Here is a modestly brisk, balanced example with a gentle nose of yellow apple, subtle butter, feint smokiness and toast, plus a hint of minerality. It is medium weight, well structured but not at all severe, with very focus and very good to excellent length. David Lawrason
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2018 - Club des Dégustateurs de Grands Vins - Canada - Juin 2020 - "Immediate pleasure that lasts a long time"
If you found like me that the 2017 vintage of this wine was very good, you have not yet seen anything with the 2018.
The very light golden yellow color with light green reflections at first sight catches the eye of the taster; the smell is then solicited by inviting and gourmet aromas of white peach, quince and light honey, on which beautiful notes of white flowers are superimposed; in the mouth everything is in its place and without overflow, thanks mainly to sufficient natural acidity and well proportioned; immediate pleasure that lasts a long time, since we are entitled to a delicate and long finish which we would never want to see ending. For crustaceans and seafood, fish, vegetarian dishes, certain cold meats and white meats and soft cheeses; good white Burgundy at a reasonable price; Do not miss.
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2014 - Rochdale Observer - "Dried flowers"
It will provide a beautiful match for a plate of grilled fish or shellfish. Despite the fact that no oak is used here, there is still the sort of buttery, nutty notes found in oaked wines from further north. There are light aromas of dried flowers, butter and macadamia while the palate has a waxy, muscat feel with notes of grapefruit and pineapple. (Andy Cronshaw, UK)
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2014 - Vinum - October 2016 - 16/20
Seductive citrus nose, round and ripe, yet also fresh and lively, exhibits richness and character.
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2014 - Decanter World Wine Awards 2016 - May 2016 - Bronze Medal
Zesty and smoky lime and nice dash of flintiness and aromatic herb on the nose. A generous and fleshy palate and impressive length. Well made wine. (UK)
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2014 - International Wine Challenge 2016 - May 2016 - Silver Medal
This wine is precise and taut with a mineral, citrus core and flinty edge, it has a rounded and satisfying mid palate. (UK)
- Macon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2013 - James Suckling - June 2015 - 90/100This
is a bright and crisp chardonnay that makes you feel France with sliced lemon,
apple and mineral character. Medium-bodied, crisp and delicious. Drink me.
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2013 - The Sunday Business Post - February 2015 - 89/100
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2012 - The Press (York) - June 2014 - "A white perfect for a leisurely mid-summer lunch"An unoaked example of the chardonnay grape from the Maconnais district of Burgundy. This is an elegant, fresh wine, with very long flavours of apple, citrus and mango, spiced with white pepper, ginger and minerals. By Mike Tipping (UK)
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2012 - Decanter - August 2014 - 17/20-90Apple and honey flavours to the fore. It has lovely weight and creamy texture, yet is fresh and vibrant with a long, dry finish.
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2009 - The World of Fine Wine - March 2011 - 16/20Green-gold; attractive aromas midway between flowers and fruit. Fresh, fine fruit/ mineral mouthfeel, fixed with a paperclip of acidity. Good, verging on excellent. By Michael Edwards (UK)
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2008 - Wine Enthusiast - November 2010 - 89/100Big, bold wine, ripe fruits pushed forward by wood, some spice, rich in character. This is lush Chardonnay, but with a good mineral edge. By Roger Voss, USA.
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2007 - Jamie Goode's Wineanorak - April 2010 - 88/100Refined, fresh lemony nose is precise and focused. The palate shows lovely freshness and a bit of creamy richness.
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2007 - Sommeliers of Asia Newsletter - November 11th 2008 - Three starsMacon lies in the deep south of Burgundy. In fact, from here, you are on the way to the Rhone. The most famous wine of the Maconnais is Pouilly-Fuisse. The wines of Lugny, although not as renowned, can be just as good. And for considerably less of the price. Unoaked, the fragrance is of yellow apples and small white flowers. The fruit is quite intense and the acidity is round and fresh on the finish. Medium-bodied.
- 2006 Mâcon-Lugny "Genièvres" - Jancis Robinson – February 2008 – 14 points :The 2007 will be available March/April. Mushroom notes on the nose. Drink 2008-09.
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2005 - Appetite Magazine - October 2008 - 4 starsGrapes for this wine come from the commune of Lugny, the only village planted with Chardonnay 30 years ago. NOTES: Lemon, bread, walnuts, floral, chalky; crisp, medium-bodied with refreshing acids; a touch of earthiness on the finish.
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2005 - Burghound.com - July 2007 - 86/100A fruity and agreeable nose introduces delicious, round and easy flavors that are attractive and open without any undue pretension of being otherwise. now+
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" 2005 - Jancis Robinson - January 2007 - 15/20Herbal scented, medium to light body. Drink 2006-07.
- 2004 Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" Wine Advocate - June 2006 - 85 points :It is a broad, light to medium-bodied wine. Its easygoing character offers flavors of Georgia boiled peanuts, spices and minerals. Drink it over the next 18 months.
- 2004 Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" - Burghound.com - October 2006 - 86 points :A very fruity and slightly exotic nose that displays a hint of muscat leads to forward, easy to like and opulent flavors that are really quite rich if not particularly complex or long. There is good minerality here and this is really quite pretty for what it is. 86/2007+
- 2003 Macon-Lugny “Les Genièvres” - Burghound.com - October 2005 - 85 points :A hint of vanilla and toast frames obviously ripe fruit aromas and round, rich, supple and easy flavors that offer a nice note of finishing complexity. Perfectly good if not special for what it is. 85/now
- 2002 Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" - Burghound.com - July 2004 - 86 points :A tight, pure and serious nose leads to fruity, round and ric flavors that are delicious but there is enough material here to merit your interest. This could be drunk now but a year in bottle would work too. 86/now
- 1997 Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" - Sunday Independent - November 2002 :Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" is one of the best communes of southern Burgundy's Mâconnais region. The wine is clean and lively with a floral bouquet and lovely honey, apples and nutty flavours on the palate. Delicious !
- Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres" - Robert Parker - Wine AdvocateOne of the best choices for quality and value is always Latour's Mâcon-Lugny "Les Genièvres", a rich, medium to full-bodied, surprisingly intense Mâcon with gobs of butter, honeyed fruit.
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Your pdf has been send with success.