- RegionCôte de Beaune
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 25 years
- SoilMarly limestone.
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 12-14°
- Situated just south of Volnay and Pommard in the Côte de Beaune, Meursault is the most extensive southerly white wine commune of the Côte-d'Or. The perfect south-easterly exposure and the stony, marl soil contribute greatly to the remarkable finesse of which the wines of Meursault are capable. Typical Meursault tend to be very full, mellow wines and mature somewhat sooner than the wines from the neighbouring communes of Puligny and Chassagne.
- FermentationTraditional in oak barrels with complete malolactic fermentation.
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in oak barrels, 15% new.
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted.
- Tasting NoteWith its pale yellow color, our Meursault 2021 reveals a nose of yellow peach, vanilla, and toasted almond. Its mouth, very round, has elegance and length. Mineral finish.
- Food PairingPrawn cocktail avocado - grilled sea bass - stew of veal in a cream sauce - Beaufort cheese.
- Meursault 2020 - James Suckling - 93/100 pts
Here's a very well-structured and bright Meursault with chalky minerality that lifts the generous body, making it feel like it's lighter than it really is. Some creaminess on the mid-palate, but emphatically dry at the long, clean finish. Drink or hold.
- Meursault Blanc 2020 - Burghound.com - 88-90/100 pts
More elegant and prettier aromas include those
of acacia blossom, carnation, white peach and a
whiff of oak toast. There is both good vibrancy
and volume to the attractively textured flavors
that culminate in a youthfully austere and sneaky
long finish. This appealing effort should also be
approachable young as it's already quite
- Meursault 2019 - 93 pts - James Suckling - July 2021
Very classic Meursault, but with quite lively acidity that makes this lighter on its feet than is usual for wines of this appellation. Attractive lemon-cream and melted-butter character with just a hint of hazelnut. Generous, without any hint of heaviness. Everything fits very neatly. Drink or hold.
- Meursault 2018, 93/100, James Suckling
Aromas of ripe apples and lemons with a lavender and honeysuckle undertone. It's full-bodied with lovely firmness and form that gives the wine tension and focus. Hints of hay to the bright fruit in the aftertaste. Drink or hold.
- Meursault blanc 2018 - Irish Examiner - September 2021
Aromas of lemon zest, vanilla cream biscuits (if such a thing exists) and a hint of warm hay — layered and textured with lingering apple pie flavours and a fat and sappy palate, balanced by zingy freshness on the finish.
- Meursault Blanc 2017 - James Suckling - USA - February 2019 - 92/100A bold array of ripe peach and melon aromas and flavors here, in expressive Meursault mode. The palate holds intense, rich stone fruit and delivers a gently biscuity finish. Plenty of fruit here. Drink in the next six years.
- Meursault 2017 - Wine Enthusiast - January 2020 - 91/100Citric lift emerges from creaminess on the nose of this wine, promising freshness. The broad, round palate is still raw with yeasty notions. but a vein of lemony brightness awaits underneath. With time, the generous, creamy wine will coalesce around it. Drink 2022-2030.
Anne Krebiehl MW
- Meursault blanc 2016 - Wine Spectator - November 2018 - 90/100
A buttery version, this white evokes honey, peach and apple flavors. A light touch of oak adds spice accents. Balanced and long.
- Meursault Blanc 2016 - James Suckling - February 2018 - 92/100Aromas of cooked apples and pears with hints of straw and crush stone. Full body with tangy and bright acidity. Limey. Zesty. Vivid. Why wait?
- Meursault 2015 - Burghound.com - June 2017 - 88/100A ripe, fresh and nicely layered nose consists of notes of hazelnut, pear, apple and acacia blossom. There is a really lovely texture to the rich and caressing medium weight flavors that deliver reasonably good length if less finishing depth than the nose would suggest. This should drink well shortly after release. 88/2019+
- Meursault 2015 - James Suckling - April 2017 - 93/100
Gorgeous clarity of fruit with dried-lemon and mango character. Stones, too. Full body, creamy texture and a light phenolic undertone. Lovely caressing character. Drink now.
- Meursault blanc 2015 - Jancis Robinson - January 2017 - 15/20
- Meursault 2014 - Wine Spectator - November 2016 - 90/100
Oyster shell smoke, baking spice and lemon notes denote this white. Shows cut, with a creamy texture and a lingering spicy aftertaste. Drink now through 2022. 1,800 cases made. - Bruce Sanderson (USA)
- Meursault 2014 - Wine Enthusiast - October 2016 - 90/100
This wine is ripe, full of yellow fruits and soft acidity. It's creamy and ripe, but cut with orange zest and a mineral texture. It will be ready to drink from 2017.
- Meursault 2014 - Burghound.com - June 2016 - 89/100
There is outstanding concentration and volume to the sappy and palate coating flavors that possess seriously good richness on the wonderfully long finish. This isn't especially refined but it is impressive in its succulent, indeed even opulent fashion.
- Meursault 2013 - Burghound.com - June 2015 - 88/100
(...) There is good energy to the nicely rich, lush and seductively textured medium-bodied flavors that possess a delicious and lingering finish where a mild edginess is present. By Allen Meadows (USA)
- Meursault 2013 - Wine Enthusiast - October 2015 - 88/100
Rounded and ripe, this has yellow fruits along with a fresher, sliced apple character. The wine is fruity, perfumed and just touched by a more mineral texture, with crisp acidity that gives a ripe fruitiness. Drink from 2017. (USA)
- Meursault 2012 - Burghound.com - June 2014 - 88/100(Just bottled) Vestiges of post-bottling sulfur diminish only slightly the notes of white peach, pear and hazelnut aromas. There is good richness but also better vibrancy to the attractively detailed middle weight flavors that terminate in a clean and agreeably dry finish that delivers good length if only average depth. 2017+. By Allen Meadows (USA)
- Meursault 2011 - Jancis Robinson - February 2013 - 16/20Really creamy and gentle. Long, though, and pretty dense. Just fresh enough. Drink 2014-2017. By Julia Harding MW.
- Meursault 2010 - The State Journal - Illinois - May 5th 2013 - "Superb richness"Louis Latour is an iconic producer and in 2010 they crafted a textbook example of Meursault — lively fruit, hints of roasted nuts and superb richness. (USA, By Geoff Bland)
- Meursault 2010 - Wine Enthusiast - November 2012 - 87/100 This has some richness, with a yeasty character and a note of vanilla. Wood tones comes through slowly along with pear and peach flavors. This is rich, hinting at butter as well as minerality. By Roger Voss (USA).
- Meursault Blanc 2010 - Burghound.com - June 2012 - 87/100It remains very Meursault in character with a mix of both white and yellow orchard fruit aromas that merge seamlessly into soft, round and forward flavors that offer acceptable depth and length. 2014+. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Meursault 2009 - The Wine Cask Blog - February 2013 - "Amazing texture"Baked apple, melon, and spice notes on the nose. Full bodied and richly textured on the palate. Rich layers melt on the finish with more melon along apple and spices. Good white Burgundy is always a treat. This one is really ripe and rich, which isn't the typical style from this region but still offers flavors that show off how Chardonnay can perform. What brings it together is the amazing texture of the wine- both silky and richly layered. For me, that's often the secret sauce of white Burgundy. There's nothing quite like the texture of these wines. Open it soon, and raise a glass!
- Meursault 2009 - Jancis Robinson - January 2011 - 15/20 Light coconut notes and good weight on the mid palate. Attractive creamy texture. Drink 2010-2012. By Richard Hemming (UK).
- Meursault 2009 - Wine Review Online - December 2011 - 90/100Yes, Burgundy has a rigid hierarchical appellation system of rating wines from, in ascending order, village to premier to grand cru that should make selection easy. But frankly, it's best to select Burgundy by producer. And Maison Louis Latour is one of the best, as shown by this "simple” village Meursault. It's lacy and slightly nutty, but not ponderous. You know you are drinking Meursault. Bright citrus notes keep it lively. As with all of Latour's wines, it will improve with time, so you could cellar it, but it's on point now. By Michael Apstein (USA).
- Meursault 2009 - The Wall Street Journal - July 2011 - "Classic Meursault"Classic Meursault nose of hazelnut and lime leads into a ripe mouthful of white peaches.
- Meursault blanc 2009 - Burghound.com - June 2011 - 88/100(10% new wood with 40% raised in stainless). A classic Meursault nose of hazelnut, white peach and soft pear aromas gives way to fresh, vibrant and energetic middle weight flavors that culminate in a lingering if mildly bitter finish. My note assumes that the bitterness will quickly dissipate as I suspect that it's sulfur-related. 2014+. By Allen Meadows (USA).
- Meursault 2008 - Wine Enthusiast - November 2010 - 88/100Ripe wine, with smooth vanilla and apricot flavors and an opulent texture. There is acidity, but it is swallowed by the ripe yellow fruits. By Roger Voss, USA.
- Meursault 2008 - Allen Meadows' Burghound - July 2010 - 88/100(10% new wood with 40% raised in stainless). A touch of sulfur from the recent bottling will dissipate in time and doesn't overtly disturb the expressiveness of the hazelnut, pear and acacia blossom suffused nose. The medium-bodied flavors are rich, round and quite generous while delivering good if not special length. Note that this is rather forward and should drink well young. 88/2012+
- 2007 Meursault - Decanter Magazine - December 2009 - 3 stars: Shy, stony, green fruit. Focused and mineral. More Puligny than Meursault. From 2012. (TM)
- Meursault 2007 - Burghound.com - July 2009 - 86-89/10010% new wood with 40% raised in stainless). Subtle wood influence, indeed it's almost invisible aromatically, adds just a bit of nuance on the very Meursault nose of orchard fruit and hazelnut that complements the round, generous and nicely dry and citrusy flavors that possess a lovely mineral note on the energetic finish. 2011+
- 2006 Meursault - Cuisine & Wine Asia - Sept.-Oct. 2009:Aged for 8-10 months in aok casks, the wine's pale greenish gold color is clear and bright. On the nose, delicate scents of acacia flowers and honey are released. On the palate, this wine is full and fresh. The floral and mineral notes are enhanced by green almond flavors. It is a powerful and fat wine with very beautiful length.
- 2006 Meursault - Wine Enthusiast - October 2008 - 89 points:Weighty yes, and with a full-on richness, but also touched with a surprising amount of minerality. The flavors range from the almost tropical to apple-fresh acidity. It's full, but certainly balanced by its acidity.
- 2006 Meursault - Burghound - July 2008 - 85-88 points :(10% new wood with 40% raised in stainless). A notably fresh and nicely elegant nose of orchard fruit, citrus and subtle floral notes merges into very round, supple and approachable medium-weight flavors that possess plenty of dry extract if only modest depth and length. (85-88)/2009+
- Meursault 2006 - Jancis Robinson - February 2008 - 16.5/20Riper, spicy citrus with cedary wood notes. More savoury on the palate, broad and balanced. Drink 2009-12. (UK)
- Meursault 2005 - Philly.com - September 26th 2010 - "Luminously golden wine"The hot summer of '05 produced wines of intensity and power, and this lively bottle from the Côte de Beaune, a "village" Meursault (not a premier cru), is no exception. There's a richness and weight of a little oak age on the front end of this luminously golden wine. But its character is really shaped by the bright acidity - lemons, green melon, hazelnuts, and minerals - that give it freshness. By Craig LaBan, Inquirer Restaurant Critic
- Meursault 2005 - TheFineWineTimes.com - February 11th, 2010 - "Fine and buttery"Fine and buttery with rich citrus fruits, a nutty aged overlay and a hint of vanilla. Pretty good density of fruit, medium-bodied but with good concentration of citrus flavours. Mellow and integrated with high balanced acidity, hints of mineral and a long fruity finish. Drinking well now.
- Meursault 2005 - Wine Spectator - August 2007 - 89/100A fresh, stylish white, with apple, lime and mineral aromas and flavors. Creamy in texture and supported by lively acidity, this lingers on the finish. Drink now through 2013.
- Meursault 2005 - Burghound.com - July 2007 - 86-89/100(10% new wood with 40% raised in stainless). Notes of toasted hazelnut, peach, pear and apricot introduce fresh, round and intense flavors that offer plenty of Meursault character and lovely persistence on the presently racy finish though I suspect this will add breadth with a year or two of bottle age. 2009+
- Meursault blanc Louis Latour 2004 - The Sunday Business Post - 1st February 2009:
To put by: Louis Latour AC Meursault 2004
High-end Burgundy white wines are in short supply and experience heavy demand, and this is an entry-level but still expensive, example. Unlike blue chip bank shares, this wine is timeless - long after the banking and finance woes of 2008 and 2009 are over, this Meursault will shine. It is a supreme example of how certain winemakers, even during the boom-time, remained fully-focused on their meticulous craft. It needs another three to four years to reach a perfect level of caramel, brioche, toasty hints, hazelnuts and an epic complexity in the finish.
- 2004 Meursault - Wine Spectator - February 2007 - 87 points :An appealing white, clean and bright, with apple, lemon and anise notes. Balanced and firm. Drink now through 2010.
- 2004 Meursault - Burghound.com - July 2006 - 87 points :Ripe orchard fruit aromas that continue onto the rich, full and generous if not especially concentrated flavors that somehow manage to convey a sense of opulence on the textured and surprisingly tight finish.
- 2003 Meursault - Wine Spectator - July 31st, 2006 - 88 points :A creamy ’03, with more emphasis on lemon, apple and pear flavors than oak. Concentrated and open knit, it’s enjoyable now for its opulence and sheer exuberance. Drink now through 2008. 3,800 cases made. –B.S.
- 2003 Meursault - Burghound.com - October 2005 - 87 points :Very ripe but not over the top orchard fruit notes, especially peach and apricot, combines with vanillainfused flavors that deliver good freshness and exceptional richness. Again, solid concentration and punch if not much elegance or refinement even at this level. Still, it’s admirably dense. 87/now+
- 2002 Meursault Blanc - Burghound.com - July 2004 - 88 points :A slight touch of SO2 from the recent mise rises above the otherwise elegant and very ripe hazelnut and peach aromas. The flavors are remarkably fine and sophisticated for villages level Meursault and deliver excellent intensity plus a linear, persistent finish. This is a realy pretty effort where the only short coming is a lack of superior density. Still, the purity and detail here make for a lovely wine. 88/2006+
- 2002 Meursault - Wine Advocate - February 26th, 2004 - 88-90 points :Ripe peaches, yellow plums and apricots can be discerned in the nose of the 2002 Meursault. Lush, soft and highly expressive, this satiny-textured, spicy, supple, medium-bodied wine possesses a long, fruit-filled finish. It should be consumed over the next 3-4 years.
- 2001 Meursault - Irish Independent - April 27th, 2003 :With its golden hues and fresh fruitness, a youthful appealing wine that can be drunk young but will be good for several years.
- 2001 Meursault - Burghound.com - July 2003 - 87 points :Classic Meursault nose of brown nut butter and ripe orchard fruits that introduce relatively fine, pure flavors suffused with citrus and a lovely note of finishing minerality. There is good cut and fine precision and while this is not particularly dense, there is solid flavor authority. Very good if not exceptional quality for a villages level Meursault. 87/2005-8.
- Meursault 2001 - Very Highly Recommended by Armando Luis (Wine Director). Sparrow Wine & Liquor - October 2005 :This wine was a big surprise, with its smoky, minerally nose, ripe, open-knit, yellow apple and bitter honey flavours, strong minerality, medium to full-bodied texture, oily palate feel and long, chalky, yet refreshing finish. It's a well rounded and complex wine that represents its appellation well and embarrasses most New World Chardonnays at this price with it sophistication and class. Very Highly Recommanded.
- 2000 Meursault - Wine Enthusiast - August 2002 - 87 points :It's plump and juicy, yet not devoid of structure, blending Asian pear and citrus aromas and flavors with nectarine skin and bitter almond. There's a softness to the finish that causes it to lose a little definition but helps it go down easy.
- 1998 Meursault - Wine Enthusiast Magazine - November 2000 - 87 points : Tart, citrusy fruit, with blossoms and zest and juice all blended into a medium-bodied wine. The finish opens out with some nice toast and vanilla cream. Round and full.
- 1997 Meursault - The Times - December 2001 :A good, rich, fat, buttery meursault or two, from the northern Côte de Beaune village of the same name, make excellent stand-by whites. Heaving with ripe, full, nutty, waxy fruit and an pressively long spicy finish, this creamy '97 will prove useful over the festivities.
- 1996 Meursault - The Wine Advocate - April 30th, 1998 - 86-88 points :The Meursault offers toasted nut and mineral scents as well as a medium-bodied, round, beautifully ripe, oily-textured, rich, and gravel-flavored character. Anticipated maturity : now-2001.
- 1995 Meursault - The Times - Decembre 6th, 1997 :A good 13.5 per cent dollop of alcohol ensures that this meursault, also the product of a good harvest, proffers some fine, rich, hazelnut-scented fruit.
- Meursault 2012 - Jancis Robinson - January 2014 - 15.5/20Bottled. Solid and a little sweet. Does the business rather than sets hearts racing. But it fairly represents the appellation. Drink 2015-2018 (UK)
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Your pdf has been send with success.