- RegionCôte de Beaune
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilClay and iron
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 14-15°
- The village of Pernand-Vergelesses is situated only 3 kilometres from Aloxe-Corton backs onto the famous hill of Corton where Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru and Corton Grand Cru are grown. It is one of the most picturesque if least well known of all Burgundian villages overlooked by the magnificent Grand Cru hill of Corton. With similar soil-types but a northeasterly exposure the wines tend to reach maturity late into the harvest and retain a earthy, rustic character.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels, 20% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOur Pernand Vergelesses, of a deep garnet hue, reveals liquorice and blackberry aromas on the nose. Mouth-filling and fresh, it unveils liquorice and coffee notes on the mouth. Silky tannins.
- Food PairingBeef « Bourguignon » - breast of duck - "coq au vin" - mature cheeses
- Pernand-Vergelesses rouge 2015 - Jancis Robinson - January 2017 - 15/20