- RegionCôte de Nuits
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilClay and limestone.
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 14-16°
- Located between Dijon and Gevrey-Chambertin, Fixin (pronounced "Fissin") is one of the northernmost appellations of the Côte de Nuits. Its vineyards are based on a clay-limestone marly soil and are mostly exposed to the east. Less known than its neighbors, it represents excellent value for money. Powerful and structured wine, Fixin will be perfect after a few years of aging.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteA brilliant rich colour with a complex nose of ripe red fruits and herbaceous undertones. The palate is extremely elegant and fruity with smooth tannins. A very promising Côte de Nuits wine with great finesse and distinction. Tasted 25/10/00
- Food PairingRed meat - game meat - mature cheeses.
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Recommend this wine
Your pdf has been send with success.
In the Wine Trade? Download Louis Latour App