- RegionCôte de Nuits
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 14-16°
- Located between Dijon and Gevrey-Chambertin, Fixin (pronounced "Fissin") is one of the northernmost appellations of the Côte de Nuits. Its vineyards are based on a clay-limestone marly soil and are mostly exposed to the east. Less known than its neighbors, it represents excellent value for money. Powerful and structured wine, Fixin will be perfect after a few years of aging.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteOur Fixin 2021 has a deep dark ruby colour. Its nose is intense and reveals aromas of black cherry and liquorice. The palate is full and reminds liquorice notes completed by hints of mocha. Its tannins are velvety, its length and freshness are remarkable.
- Food PairingRed meat - game meat - mature cheeses