- RegionCôte de Beaune
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential5-7 years
- Serving temperature 14-15°
- Close to the village of Ladoix-Serrigny and in front of the village of Aloxe-Corton, the village of Chorey-les-Beaune produces supple and light red wines and very elegant white wines. There isn't any Premier Cru in this appellation which is quite unusual for Burgundy. The Chorey-les-Beaune appellation was not well known 30 years ago but is now well-appreciated.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels, 10% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOur Chorey les Beaune 2014 offers a deep ruby red colour. The nose is full of wild berries aromas such as blackberry, raspberry but also notes of clove and moccha dominate. On the palate, it is round and the tannins are silky. Delicates flavours of blackcurrant and nice freshness on the finish.
- Food PairingCharcuterie - meat in gravy - mature cheeses