- RegionCôte de Beaune
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential5-7 years
- Serving temperature 14-15°
- Close to the village of Ladoix-Serrigny and in front of the village of Aloxe-Corton, the village of Chorey-les-Beaune produces supple and light red wines and very elegant white wines. There isn't any Premier Cru in this appellation which is quite unusual for Burgundy. The Chorey-les-Beaune appellation was not well known 30 years ago but is now well-appreciated.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels, 10% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteWith its bright ruby hue, this Chorey les Beaune demonstrates a nose with wild strawberry aromas. It is round and fresh on the palate with strawberry, blackcurrant and licorice notes. Beautiful tannins on the finish.
- Food PairingCharcuterie - meat in gravy - mature cheeses