- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield50 hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential2-3 years
- Serving temperature 10-12°
- Mâcon has a great reputation for its white wines and Mâcon-Chardonnay is an original expression of Chardonnay. Chardonnay vines and the Chardonnay soil conspire to create the most harmonious of white wines.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteThe 2018 Mâcon-Chardonnay carries exotic aromas of tropical fruits. It has an ample mouthfeel with excellent roundness, and a minor muscaty character.
- Food PairingGrilled fish - seafood - Comté cheese