- Grape varietyGamay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilPink schistous granite
- Average yield50 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential5-7 years
- Serving temperature 13-15°
- The appellation of Morgon is situated entirely within the parish of Villie-Morgon where the soil
sets its wines apart from the other 'Crus' since the percentage of sand and shale is higher
here due to the particular way in which the local schist layers have weathered. Consequently
the wines are firmer and darker in colour than the other 'Crus'.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing
- Tasting NoteOf an intense garnet hue our Morgon 2018 unveils a floral nose. Ample and round on the palate it reveals blackberry and spices notes. Velvety tannins.
- Food PairingPoultry - red meat - mature cheeses