- Grape varietyGamay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilPink schistous granite
- Average yield50 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential5-7 years
- Serving temperature 13-15°
- The appellation of Morgon is situated entirely within the parish of Villie-Morgon where the soil
sets its wines apart from the other 'Crus' since the percentage of sand and shale is higher
here due to the particular way in which the local schist layers have weathered. Consequently
the wines are firmer and darker in colour than the other 'Crus'.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing
- Tasting NoteOur Morgon 2021 has a dark ruby color with garnet hues. Its nose reveals aromas of black fruits such as blackcurrant and blackberry. The mouth, ample and silky, reveals varied aromas of black fruits, myrtle, rose and cocoa.
- Food PairingPoultry - red meat - mature cheeses