Savigny-les-Beaune 1er Cru "Les Marconnets"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationSavigny-les-Beaune Premier Cru
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential7-10 years
- Serving temperature 15-17°
- Neighboring the vineyards of Beaune, the Savigny-les-Beaune "Les Marconnets" plot is located at the top of the hill. Exposed south-east, it owes its name to an important ancient spring which emerged in Beaune and continued its path on the side of Savigny-les-Beaune. This source was at one time the Commune Fountain of Beaune, "Marconnet" being derived from the old French "marais".
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats, 100% malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8-10 months in oak barrels, 25% new barrels
- BarrelsTonnellerie Louis Latour, French oak, medium toast
- Tasting NoteOur Savigny-lès-Beaune 1er Cru "Les Marconnets" 2017 has a deep ruby color with a fresh nose allying red berries, liquorice and undergrowth aromas. Its mouth is very elegant and lingering. In the palate, we can identify blackcurrant, mocha and peppermint flavors.
- Food PairingMeat in gravy - game birds - veal kidney - mature cheeses