Savigny-les-Beaune 1er Cru "Les Marconnets"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationSavigny-les-Beaune Premier Cru
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential7-10 years
- Serving temperature 15-17°
- Neighboring the vineyards of Beaune, the Savigny-les-Beaune "Les Marconnets" plot is located at the top of the hill. Exposed south-east, it owes its name to an important ancient spring which emerged in Beaune and continued its path on the side of Savigny-les-Beaune. This source was at one time the Commune Fountain of Beaune, "Marconnet" being derived from the old French "marais".
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats, 100% malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8-10 months in oak barrels
- BarrelsTonnellerie Louis Latour, French oak, medium toast
- Tasting NoteThis wine is characterized by a dark ruby hue with garnet nuances. Intense, the nose exhales hints of cocoa and Morello cherry. The mouth is fresh with satiny tannins. The palate reveals the intense Morello cherry as well as clove hints. Nice length.
- Food PairingMeat in gravy - game birds - veal kidney - mature cheeses