- AppellationBourgogne Passetoutgrain
- Grape variety2/3 Gamay 1/3 Pinot Noir
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilGranite and marl
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential2-3 years
- Serving temperature 14-15°
- Bourgogne Passetoutgrain constitutes the ideal 'bridge' between Beaujolais and the more complex Pinot Noir wines from northern Burgundy. The fruitiness of the Gamay enables these wines to be drunk very young although some ageing brings forward the rich, savoury character of the Pinot Noir endowing the wine with the full-flavoured appeal and richness of red Burgundy.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteThis Bourgogne Passetoutgrain 2020 has a deep color with garnet highlights. It reveals aromas of black cherry, licorice and mocha. In the mouth, it has a nice roundness and amplitude with spices and licorice notes.
- Food PairingGrilled meat - mature cheeses