Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru"Les Chenevottes"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationChassagne-Montrachet Premier Cru
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilClay and limestone.
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential5-7 years
- Serving temperature 12-14°
- The Premier Cru vineyard of "Les Chenevottes" sits slightly higher up the slope compared to the unparalleled white Grand Cru Montrachet. These two vineyards have much in common sharing similar soil composition, exposure to the sun, orientation and flavour. "Les Chenevottes" wines are an outstanding example of what this village is capable of and of the unrelentingly high standards of selection and vinification practiced by Maison Louis Latour. "Les Chenevottes" is derived from the word "cheneve" meaning hemp in old French which indicates that this vineyard was once an old hemp field.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in oak barrels with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in oak barrels, 50% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteA complex bouquet combining candied and dried fruits including quince, figs and dried raisins. Roasted hazelnut and walnut aromas come to the forth, along with hints of vanilla. Powerful and very well-balanced, the Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru "Les Chenevottes" 1998 is a wine with a great overall structure. The mouth develops concentrated aromas of dried fruits along with some mineral notes. With a lengthy palate, a definitely rich, generous wine that is perfect to be enjoyed now.
(Note added in 2008)
- Food PairingRaw sea scallops - shellfish - fish - goats cheese.
- Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru "Les Chenevottes" 2020 - James Suckling - 95/100 pts
Effusive nose of candied and fresh citrus with a lot of Amalfi lemon, plus a touch of fresh pineapple. Powerful and concentrated, but with wonderful freshness on the palate. Then a big wave of chalky minerality rolls over you at the long and very structured finish. Drink or hold.
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Recommend this wine
Your pdf has been send with success.
In the Wine Trade? Download Louis Latour App