Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru"Les Chenevottes"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationChassagne-Montrachet Premier Cru
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential5-7 years
- Serving temperature 12-14°
- The Premier Cru vineyard of Les Chenevottes sits slightly higher up the slope compared to the unparalleled white Grand Cru Montrachet. These two vineyards have much in common sharing similar soil composition, exposure to the sun, orientation and flavour. Les Chenevottes wines are an outstanding example of what this village is capable of and of the unrelentingly high standards of selection and vinification practiced by Maison Louis Latour. Les Chenevottes is derived from the word cheneve meaning hemp in old French and indicates that this vineyard was once an old hemp field.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in oak barrels with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in oak barrels, 50% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOur Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru « Chenevottes » 2016 shows a beautiful yellow colour with deep golden glints. This wine offers an intense nose of vanilla and apricot. On tasting, this ample and elegant wine reveals notes of grilled hazelnuts and vanilla with subtle hints of roasted pineapple. Beautiful freshness on the finish.
- Food PairingRaw sea scallops - shellfish - fish - goats cheese