Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru"Les Chenevottes"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationChassagne-Montrachet Premier Cru
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilClay and limestone.
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential5-7 years
- Serving temperature 12-14°
- The Premier Cru vineyard of "Les Chenevottes" sits slightly higher up the slope compared to the unparalleled white Grand Cru Montrachet. These two vineyards have much in common sharing similar soil composition, exposure to the sun, orientation and flavour. "Les Chenevottes" wines are an outstanding example of what this village is capable of and of the unrelentingly high standards of selection and vinification practiced by Maison Louis Latour. "Les Chenevottes" is derived from the word "cheneve" meaning hemp in old French which indicates that this vineyard was once an old hemp field.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in oak barrels with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in oak barrels, 50% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOur Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru « Chenevottes » 2016 shows a beautiful yellow colour with deep golden glints. This wine offers an intense nose of vanilla and apricot. On tasting, this ample and elegant wine reveals notes of grilled hazelnuts and vanilla with subtle hints of roasted pineapple. Beautiful freshness on the finish.
- Food PairingRaw sea scallops - shellfish - fish - goats cheese.
- Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru "Les Chenevottes" 2020 - James Suckling - 95/100 pts
Effusive nose of candied and fresh citrus with a lot of Amalfi lemon, plus a touch of fresh pineapple. Powerful and concentrated, but with wonderful freshness on the palate. Then a big wave of chalky minerality rolls over you at the long and very structured finish. Drink or hold.
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Recommend this wine
Your pdf has been send with success.
In the Wine Trade? Download Louis Latour App