- RegionArdèche - Coteaux de l'Ardèche
- AppellationIndication Géographique Protégée Ardèche
- Grape variety100% Viognier
- Average vine age 15 years old
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield35 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential3 years
- Serving temperature 10-12°
- Viognier was originally cultivated in the northern Côtes-du-Rhône. In the last quarter of the 20th century it has become one of the most popular varieties worldwide after having almost disappeared previously. In 2007, Maison Louis Latour decided to make a wine of 100% Viognier. Our Viognier is planted on more sloping hillsides than the Chardonnay. The wine is produced from hand-picked grapes carefully vinified in Latour's Ardèche winery on the outskirts of the village of Alba-la-Romaine.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing100% stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteOur 2019 Ardèche Viognier is an elegant wine, offering intense and revealing aromas of apricot and peach.On the palate we find an ample and polished mouthfeel that delivers it's subtle power in a linear, straightforward fashion. Apricot and Almond notes express themselves on the finish, giving the wine an excellent length and balance. A charming wine that delivers a great freshness and pleasure.
- Food PairingAperitif - Duck terrine with chestnuts - Seared Foie gras with apricots - charcuterie
- Chardonnay-Viognier "Duet” IGP 2011 - Under the grape tree - November 2013 - "Outstanding"Light and lively with loads of white flowers, apricot, tangerine and light oak spices.
- Viognier 2007 - Guide Hubert 2009 - "Aromatic and round"A white flower nose and discreet peach and vanilla notes. Aromatic and round in the mouth with a pretty ripen fruit and a toasted end. Good length.