- RegionArdèche - Coteaux de l'Ardèche
- AppellationIndication Géographique Protégée Ardèche
- Grape variety100% Viognier
- Average vine age 15 years old
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield35 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential3 years
- Serving temperature 10-12°
- Viognier was originally cultivated in the northern Côtes-du-Rhône. In the last quarter of the 20th century it has become one of the most popular varieties worldwide after having almost disappeared previously. In 2007, Maison Louis Latour decided to make a wine of 100% Viognier. Our Viognier is planted on more sloping hillsides than the Chardonnay. The wine is produced from hand-picked grapes carefully vinified in Latour's Ardèche winery on the outskirts of the village of Alba-la-Romaine.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing100% stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteOf a brilliant pale gold color, the Ardèche Viognier 2020 offers an intense nose of juicy apricot. In the mouth it is a round and generous wine with apricot and fresh almond notes. Long persistence.
- Food PairingAperitif - Duck terrine with chestnuts - Seared Foie gras with apricots - charcuterie
- Chardonnay-Viognier "Duet” IGP 2011 - Under the grape tree - November 2013 - "Outstanding"Light and lively with loads of white flowers, apricot, tangerine and light oak spices.
- Viognier 2007 - Guide Hubert 2009 - "Aromatic and round"A white flower nose and discreet peach and vanilla notes. Aromatic and round in the mouth with a pretty ripen fruit and a toasted end. Good length.