Blagny 1er Cru "Sous le Dos d'Ane"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationBlagny 1er Cru
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age
- SoilMarly limestone
- Average yield45hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential
- Serving temperature
- The vines around the hamlet of Blagny are divided between the communes of Meursault and Puligny-Montrachet. The Blagny 1er Cru appellation counts 7 climats classified as 1er Cru, representing 44 hectares exclusively in red wine, 23 of which are located in the commune of Meursault and 21 in the commune of Puligny-Montrachet. The Blagny 1er Cru appellation "Sous le Dos d'Ane" covers an area of about 5 hectares. The wines of the Blagny area, because of their subsoil and their exposure, are often fruity, full-bodied and tannic.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in oak barrels with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in oak barrels, 1/3 new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, french oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOur Blagny 1er Cru "Sous le Dos d'Ane" 2021 reveals a bright ruby colour. Its nose offers notes of undergrowth and blackcurrant. Its mouth is round and presents aromas of blackcurrant again then liquorice. Its tannins are silky. The whole is elegant.
- Food PairingRib of beef with girolles, game, mature cheeses