Chablis 1er Cru"Fourchaume"
- AppellationChablis Premier Cru
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilPortlandian and kimmeridgian limestone
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential5-7 years
- Serving temperature 12-14°
- Robert Parker has said of Chablis Premier Cru "Fourchaume" that this is a Premier Cru many feel should be elevated to Grand Cru status. The wine has a striking power and elegance which is quite exceptional. This is gained from elevated southeastern facing slopes exposing the vineyard to a great deal of sunshine and slightly warmer temperatures than any other Premier Cru vineyard.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 à 10 mois en cuve inox
- Tasting NotePale yellow in colour with green highlights, this Chablis 1er Cru « Fourchaume » 2012 reveals aromas of flint and nutmeg. On tasting it is ample and elegant with lovely length and a typical mineral finish.
- Food PairingShellfish - fish - charcuterie