Chablis 1er Cru"Fourchaume"
- AppellationChablis Premier Cru
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilPortlandian and kimmeridgian limestone.
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential5-7 years
- Serving temperature 12-14°
- Robert Parker has said of Chablis Premier Cru "Fourchaume" that this is a Premier Cru many feel should be elevated to Grand Cru status. The wine has a striking power and elegance which is quite exceptional. This is gained from elevated southeastern facing slopes exposing the vineyard to a great deal of sunshine and slightly warmer temperatures than any other Premier Cru vineyard.
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation.
- Ageing8 - 10 months in stainless steel vats.
- Tasting NoteRich and complex aromas of fresh fruits, white flowers and dried fruits with a mineral note. Powerful and long-lasting on the palate. To be cellared for 6-7 years.
- Food PairingShellfish - fish - charcuterie.
- Chablis 1er Cru "Fourchaume" 2018 - Wine Enthusiast - USA - April 2020 - 90/100
A whiff of creamy, toasted hazelnut on the shy nose turns into full-blown, creamy vanilla on the palate of this wine. This works well since all of that oaky generosity is countered by lemony brightness. This wine is all about smooth, mellow creaminess accented by lemony hightlights. (Anne Kriebehl MW)