Chablis 1er Cru"Fourchaume"
- AppellationChablis Premier Cru
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilPortlandian and kimmeridgian limestone.
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential5-7 years
- Serving temperature 12-14°
- Robert Parker has said of Chablis Premier Cru "Fourchaume" that this is a Premier Cru many feel should be elevated to Grand Cru status. The wine has a striking power and elegance which is quite exceptional. This is gained from elevated southeastern facing slopes exposing the vineyard to a great deal of sunshine and slightly warmer temperatures than any other Premier Cru vineyard.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 à 10 mois en cuve inox
- Tasting NoteThe Chablis 1er Cru "Fourchaume" 2015 offers a floral aroma of rose with a touch of vanilla-flavour. On the palate, the wine is ample and well-balanced with notes of rose, lemon and chesnut. Beautiful mineral finish.
- Food PairingShellfish - fish - charcuterie.
- Chablis 1er Cru "Fourchaume" 2018 - Wine Enthusiast - USA - April 2020 - 90/100
A whiff of creamy, toasted hazelnut on the shy nose turns into full-blown, creamy vanilla on the palate of this wine. This works well since all of that oaky generosity is countered by lemony brightness. This wine is all about smooth, mellow creaminess accented by lemony hightlights. (Anne Kriebehl MW)
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Recommend this wine
Your pdf has been send with success.
In the Wine Trade? Download Louis Latour App